PROFILUX 4 Programming Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I did... at least today I did. When I go to Programmable Logic Menu the Gate 1 function is there... but it did catch me yesterday

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can check out this thread I posted when I first got my P4: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/programmable-logic-tips-examples.295547/

It shows some examples of how to work with programming logic, it might help you wrap your head around it. I've since upgraded my P4 system and have many more features built into my programming logic but that thread I believe shows how to use the delayed on feature and how to work with programming logic in general.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you are asking is to turn off two sockets together. This can be accomplished by going to extra's >maintenance 1 Then just selecting the sockets you want to turn off. When you press the maintenance 1 button. I use this when doing a water change I turn off four different sockets to turn off all pumps associated with the aquarium. Here is how I have mine set up.

maintenance turn off.png

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefwiser, that is not exactly it. I want skimmer to be dependent on return pump regardless of maintenance or feeding modes on. For example, if the return pump breaks and turns off for some reason, I want to now that my skimmer will also turn off, without any input from my side.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have a flow meter on your system then? How would the computer know that the pump is not working otherwise. You see in the real world I use overloads on motor starters for pumps and when the overload trips it causes an alarm and knock's out everything I have programed the trip to shut down. With dc pumps or 110 pumps you would need feed back to know that the pump was not running. In the aquarium world we have flow meters. You could tell a socket to shut off in the flow meter was displaying O.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually do have the flow meter but unfortunately it does not appear in any drop down menu for me to choose it. I tried to define the return as a stream pump and use the DELAYEDON function with Stream pump as input one. I thought this way I would be telling the controller to turn skimmer off when return is off and than have a delayed star once the Input (the return or "stream pump" came back on.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could use the DELAYED ON function with the flow sensor as Input it would be fantastic!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual for the sensor even states that I could use it to regulate a return pump to a set actual flow rate which is awesome and means I should be able to use it for programming, but just have not found it...

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stream pump is a Tunze Stream pump.:) I don't have flow meters :) What type of main pump do you have?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the manual it seems the DELAYED ON function was meant for exactly what I am looking for...

64abd6dd43c1643df5289769ab10efc0.png

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, ok. I thought I could trick it into thinking my return was a Tunze [emoji1].

Currently using a TMC DC pump rated for 8.000 L/h. Have my Vectra L1 in the bin because it is way too loud for my system and the distributor said it was "normal" to sound like that. What a waste of money... should have gone with a red dragon...

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand you are wanting the skimmer to turn off if for some reason the main water pump is off. Right? Delay on or delay off just turns off a socket after another socket is turned off. Or waits a predetermined period of time after one socket has turned on before turning on a socket.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand you are wanting the skimmer to turn off if for some reason the main water pump is off. Right? Delay on or delay off just turns off a socket after another socket is turned off. Or waits a predetermined period of time after one socket has turned on before turning on a socket.

From the manual, delayed on function switches off the socket when Input is off, and when Input is on it waits a pre defined number of seconds to turn back on.

The problem is that you cannot define the Input as another socket... WHY???... I mean, how hard would it be to allow us to set a socket as an Input for programmable logic functions???!!!

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VJV if you look at the link I posted I show how to do exactly what you want. If my return pump ever turns off my skimmer shuts down automatically, but if the return pump fails it will not turn off the skimmer, but I used a float valve in my sump to account for that situation. I will post a quick tutorial for you, give me a little bit.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VJV if you look at the link I posted I show how to do exactly what you want. If my return pump ever turns off my skimmer shuts down automatically, but if the return pump fails it will not turn off the skimmer, but I used a float valve in my sump to account for that situation. I will post a quick tutorial for you, give me a little bit.

Thanks Kyle, I would really appreciate that. I just cannot understand why GHL does not allow you to select another socket as the input for programmable logic...

I confess I looked to your link but it is still taking a while to soak in [emoji4].

A tutorial would be great [emoji106]

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sockets.png
PL Overiew 1.png
PL Overiew 2.png

Here's the overview of my socket settings and my Programming Logic menus. If you look at my socket settings you will see the return pump is set to programmable logic 7.
(PL 7)
PL 7.png

(PL 23)
PL 23.png

(PL 8)
PL 8.png

PL 23 is my way of turning of my return pump if I ever activate feed mode 3 or maintenance 4. You can achieve this in a different ways but I decided to do it through programmable logic. PL 8 turns off my return pump if the water triggers my low float valve in my sump so that the return pump wont run dry.

Now lets look at my skimmer PL. In the sockets menu its set to programmable logic 27.
(PL 27)
PL 27.png

Digital Input 3 is my float valve that I installed in my skimmer cup. So that if my skimmer cup ever fills up it will turn off my skimmer.
(PL 18)
PL 18.png

(PL 2)
PL 2.png

This turns off my skimmer if the float valve in my sump for high water level is triggered.
(PL 5)
PL 5.png

PL 5 is the delayed on feature you are looking for. Since my return pump in the sockets menu is set to PL 7 that means if my PL ever turns off my return pump then PL 5 will turn off my skimmer and delay start the skimmer if the return pump is to ever turn off for any reason. If the skimmer is to turn off for reasons other then the return pump I have it set to not delay start.

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the basic break down of how I accomplished what your looking for. You just need to insert a PL statement into your skimmer that uses the PL statement your return pump is set to. So if in the sockets menu your return pump is set to PL 1 then somewhere in side the PL for your skimmer you need to put the delayed on feature set to PL 1 and put that inside your PL statements for your skimmer and it will do what your looking for.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It does seem that the only way to do it is with float or level sensors... ☹️...

It would be so much simpler if you could simply use the delay on function using the return pump socket as the input... no expert in programming but it does seem such a simple concept...

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It does seem that the only way to do it is with float or level sensors... ☹️...

It would be so much simpler if you could simply use the delay on function using the return pump socket as the input... no expert in programming but it does seem such a simple concept...

Your missing what I just showed you. I literally just showed you exactly how to do that. Since my Return pumps socket it set to programmable logic 7 that means PL 7 is the socket input.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back