PROFILUX 4 Programming Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] Just read it! Sorry! Three kids and a pregnant wife... sleep deprived.... [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] Just read it! Sorry! Three kids and a pregnant wife... sleep deprived.... [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

No worries, it takes some time and practice to wrap your head around how to accomplish everything you want your controller to do. If you want a challenge to hone your skills you can try and figure out what all of my programming logic statements do that you can see in my screen shots I posted.

lol I dont expect you to attempt that at all but that link I posted originally helps explain how to go about learning how to work with the P4. At least the way I do it, as there are multiple ways to skin a cat.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I am starting to think I should have gone with APEX... all those youtube movies make it seem so simple to get up and running...

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyle, if your return pump goes off due to simple malfunction, would this still trigger the skimmer to go off? Also, given I do not have any float sensors could I just have something like the PL23 for my return pump? And is Filter 1,2,... meant for different feed modes? I though that before using Filter I had to assign it to a socket...????

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyle, if your return pump goes off due to simple malfunction, would this still trigger the skimmer to go off? Also, given I do not have any float sensors could I just have something like the PL23 for my return pump? And is Filter 1,2,... meant for different feed modes? I though that before using Filter I had to assign it to a socket...????

There are many ways you can go about doing this, some people choose just to use the maintenance window to turn off their sockets for their buttons but I prefer to use programmable logic. If you want to use my way then sure you can use PL 23 until you get your hands on a float valve. For feed mode buttons you have to use the filter option in the PL statements. If you ever want you can always just use always on in place of a filter button or something if you have no desire to use the feed modes for your return pump.

Filter 1 would be feed mode button 1 and filter 2 for feed mode button 2 and so forth. Go to the feed pause menu in GCC and check the box next to which filter you want to use and it should work.

The way I use programmable logic I do not need to select a box when using the maintenance buttons. Instead of checking the boxes I just insert maintenance 1, 2 ,3 and etc into PL statements and so when that maintenance is triggered it will cut off the socket through PL instead of the maintenance check boxs

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my feed pause menu
Feed Pause Menu.png

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I know this is an old post, so not sure if you got an answer elsewhere.
But I think part of the confusion between you and the others here is that you are thinking of the socket being "off" if the pump isn't drawing power. But that's not the case. The socket is on or off if the profilux tells it to be on or off. It could be on with nothing plugged in. What you are thinking of is a socket that measures the amount of power being drawn, and using that as an input to turn off another socket.

That does sound useful btw.

Cheers, Tony

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back