Pulsing Xenia... newbie needs help!

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia is hard to kill it can be out of water literally for like 2 hours and still be living as long as its damp, so this means there is something off on your parameters or water.

OP
OP
C

campgrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the feedback! My xenia is still hanging in there... I have moved it everywhere in my tank, closer to the lights, in direct current.. you name it, its been there. So far I get best results at the bottom of the tank. I have an Iodine test kit on its way. I suspect that this is the parameter thats off... I had 2 emerald crabs and 2 peppermint shrimp. The shrimp just simply disappeared. The crabs died a few weeks apart. They never tried to molt and I fear the Iodine wasn't in the tank for them to. I have been dosing with Fuel for corals and trace minerals on a weekly basis. I also do a Partial water change every week. I do have a Bubble Tip Anemone that I have had for a few months now and its doing great.. I relise I probably need to upgrade my lighting. I wish I had researched the lighting situation before I bought my Marineland double bright from my LFS. :( I like the LEDS I have now, if I go to the Marineland Reef Capable LED will that be powerful enough for what I need? This is all still a learning experience for me and I appreciate any advice given! Thanks!

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ton of Xenia until I got a gfo and carbon reactor. I was told it needs nitrates to grow. Must be true now I have no nitrates and all the Xenia is gone.

OP
OP
C

campgrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Iodine test kit today... It's showing I have Zero Iodine :( Guess that is probably a big part of my problem. Going to LFS tomorrow to get some.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back