Purge and AEFW

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can ant advice me on using PURGE on my sps only system plz , i have had a few issues with flat worm this week and have decided to treate the system with PURGE , I am new to the treatment and not sure on a few things while using it ?

Is ok wise to stop running my clarisea filter roller while using treatment ? Will the fillter roller remover the purge out of the water ?

How long does the water stay tinted brown for ?
And can someone help me check I'm using the right dose as the instruction are in USA gallons and I dont ever use that type of measurement as um in the UK and only ever use litters
My system is 380 litters and so far for day 1 iv added 5 floz of PURGE in the system
20190517_190857.jpg
20190517_190857.jpg

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I normally add acro power and reef roids to the system will I be able to still add these
Plus I need to use my hanna ultra low phosphorus checker quite alot and will this still work the same while treating with PURGE

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my advice -- It's 100% fool proof and effective, but you must follow the advice to the tee -- No skipping steps.

1. Remove all coral from rockwork
2. Encrusted acro on rockwork = AEFW playground. You get new rock, or acid wash your old rock.
3. Dip all your corals in Melafix Pond for 5-7 minutes, at a concentration of 1mL/cup (8oz)
4. Repeat dipping twice the first week, then once a week for 8 weeks to be completely safe
5. Do not put coral directly on rock, put them on large plugs in case you get another infestation, then it's easier to deal with.

Always dip new corals in Melafix Pond. It's the best, nothing compares. New frags need to be dipped every week for 3 weeks in case there are any eggs hiding. This will not allow AEFW to grow into sexual maturity and lay more eggs. Takes them about 21 days to hatch, and 30 days to hit sexual maturity.

You can't grind off the encrusted SPS on rockwork. I've tried.. I cut it off, ground it off, etc etc. It's just not possible to get every little bit. But it's VERY easy to acid wash your rocks, peeling the outer layer off like a potato... It's also VERY easy to get new rockwork. This is the step that everybody wants to skip. You cannot skip this step, it's crucial, or everything else doesn't matter.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back