Push Notifications are here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1634571701388.png

The long awaited push notification feature is finally here and ready for prime time. With this new feature you can customize which notifications to receive during alarms, warning events and more. If an alarm is triggered at any moment, the notification will be sent directly to any mobile device which has the GHL Connect app installed.

How to use this new feature:
Make sure your GHL device (starting with ProfiLux 4) is running on the newest firmware along with the newest version of GHL Connect app (3.15.3). Once that is done, you can enable the feature in the app settings page. Next, in the app, press the blue gear icon belonging to your myGHL device connection and enable push notifications for that device. You can now connect to your GHL device however you wish and go to the NETWORK page to configure which notifications to receive.

Combine email and push notifications for the ultimate experience
The more ways your GHL device can reach you, the better Use both features to stay more connected to your aquarium than ever before.

Push notifications will continue to evolve
What we’ve released is not everything that will be offered. Push notifications will be an ever evolving feature that will further expand the way you interact with your aquarium. We have big plans in store (displaying actual sensor values, etc.) and we can’t wait to share it with you!

1634571734513.jpeg
Push notifcations view.jpg
myGHL dev push notif activate.jpg
Push notification settings.jpg

NOTE:
Support questions for this beta-release will be handled only via the ticket system or GHL support forum.

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont want to be a debbie downer here, but this not a feature i care about.

My ghl already is setup to send me text messages, which pop up on my phone as a notification. I just used my verizon email to text email address when setting up alarms and notifications.

What i'd really like are wizards for common tasks, a MUCH quicker and responsive app (that reliably loads), manual control that doesnt just stop working in few minutes, the ability to name things in a way that makes sense (and not be forced to use names for things like "fill water" or the like)...

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ghl already is setup to send me text messages, which pop up on my phone as a notification. I just used my verizon email to text email address when setting up alarms and notifications.
With mail you don't have Heartbeat notification in case or power outage/internet outage, with notifications you have :)

I dont want to be a debbie downer here, but this not a feature i care about.

What i'd really like are wizards for common tasks, a MUCH quicker and responsive app (that reliably loads), manual control that doesnt just stop working in few minutes, the ability to name things in a way that makes sense (and not be forced to use names for things like "fill water" or the like)...
Then write to wishes@ghl-kl.de instead of here, no off topic, thank you. :)

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mail you don't have Heartbeat notification in case or power outage/internet outage, with notifications you have :)

Then write to wishes@ghl-kl.de instead of here, no off topic, thank you. :)

If power goes out, i get a text.

I'm not complaining. I'm just dont get why this feature would be at the top of the "to do" list.

I like my ghl. I'm not a fanboy though....

My poiny was that push notifications seem like "it's a nice to have" not let's get it done now and be all excited about it when the software and app have fundamental features that could be fixed and/or made better...

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I have is the latest and therefore cant use push notifications?
My take:
You need a P4 running at least ver. 7.25 and the GHL Connect app running at least ver. 3.15.3.
If you meet these two requirements then you should be able to use push notifications.
@Vinny@GHLUSA Is this correct?

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m following out of curiosity. I only have the Ghl doser. However my Apex is starting to have issues. So I’m going to need a new controller soon. So I’m thinking going full Ghl interested of Apex.

cosicologne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys! With the new function what is the easiest way to get a notification when i have a black out / power outage? Thank you

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys! With the new function what is the easiest way to get a notification when i have a black out / power outage? Thank you
Hi,

Yes of course, you will automatically receive a “Heartbeat Failure” notification if your GHL device has not communicated with the myGHL server (due to a power or internet failure) for the time defined by the “Repeat notification” parameter. Located at the bottom of the "Push notifications configuration" in "System".
For Profilux, if it is on an UPS or some kind of battery back-up you must connect an additional power supply which is not on an inverter to allow detection, then you will immediately receive a "Powercut" alarm notification.
(https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kn...wer-loss-monitoring-emergency-backup-program/)

Gaël

Back