QT for inverts

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help for a super curious newbie, still in the planning stages?

Generally speaking, how do you quaranting your CuC? If they all arrive in an order at once, do you place them in QT together? Should you even order them all at once, or spread them out on a rotation after adding the previous orders to the DT?

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help for a super curious newbie, still in the planning stages?

Generally speaking, how do you quaranting your CuC? If they all arrive in an order at once, do you place them in QT together? Should you even order them all at once, or spread them out on a rotation after adding the previous orders to the DT?

I would say a little at a time, as needed.

Be careful with Shrimp, they are sensitive in a small tank. I now QT them by themselves. I put a fire shrimp in with several Trochus snails the first time at it, one of the Trochus died overnight, I had a slight nitrite spike and the Shrimp was easily damaged and didn't make it

OP
OP
00Barracuda00

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you adding them as an initial CuC or was your tank established? The second part to my question is, if you DO spread out your introduction.... How do you keep them from getting harassed when you introduce them to the tank?

I imagine a shrimp, of any kind, just dropped into a saltwater tank doesn't fair too well.

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was initial Cuc. Inverts should be slowly drip acclimated for at at least an hour, they are more sensitive than fish

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back