Quarantine saves the day again

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another friendly psa that quarantine is always worth it. This hippo tang along with 3 mono argentus have been in my qt tank for about 2 months. The hippo was quarantined before purchase and no one has shown any signs of illness. I was waiting to buy one final fish and then treat all of them together. I finally got the last fish i was planning for, a kole tang, also no visible signs of ich or any other issue. I wanted to make sure everyone was happy and eating before starting copper and sure enough after 2 weeks, ich is on everyone. Kole tang definitely brought it in. Copper was started immediately and i'll update with progress as they heal.

The hippo went from 0 spots to this overnight. If they had gone directly into either of my display tanks i wouldve had no way to treat all my fish, and would for sure have seen losses. The qt tank has saved my displays from certain disease for the second time now in 2 years. Now just praying for a full recovery, and just playing the waiting game.

20210613_154003.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another friendly psa that quarantine is always worth it. This hippo tang along with 3 mono argentus have been in my qt tank for about 2 months. The hippo was quarantined before purchase and no one has shown any signs of illness. I was waiting to buy one final fish and then treat all of them together. I finally got the last fish i was planning for, a kole tang, also no visible signs of ich or any other issue. I wanted to make sure everyone was happy and eating before starting copper and sure enough after 2 weeks, ich is on everyone. Kole tang definitely brought it in. Copper was started immediately and i'll update with progress as they heal.

The hippo went from 0 spots to this overnight. If they had gone directly into either of my display tanks i wouldve had no way to treat all my fish, and would for sure have seen losses. The qt tank has saved my displays from certain disease for the second time now in 2 years. Now just praying for a full recovery, and just playing the waiting game.

20210613_154003.jpg
What copper brand are you using, and what level are you measuring?
Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back