Question on phyto, pods, & winter

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlaninVA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AlaninVA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Messages
36
Reaction score
20
Location
Virginia Beach
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gal breeder done cycling (ammonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 5 phosphate 0.08).

Want to add phyto & pods. Problem is that I live alone, and work sometimes goes to 930pm. Weather here in 30s. If I order phyto & pods, is it ok if they sit outside until I get home?
 
Any local fish stores or clubs around that you buy from? I'd try that route or wait until it gets a little warmer before you purchase online.
 
Upvote 0
40 gal breeder done cycling (ammonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 5 phosphate 0.08).

Want to add phyto & pods. Problem is that I live alone, and work sometimes goes to 930pm. Weather here in 30s. If I order phyto & pods, is it ok if they sit outside until I get home?

If you can you can always order them to your work place. Most of the time its okay if they are refrigerated. You just do not want them to freeze!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new