OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I run a Tank Transfer Method TTM I used distilled white vinegar to sterilize. I then place everything in a room in front of a fan to dry (speeds the drying process. Out doors in the sun is ok as well. Once completely dry bleach or vinegar will sterilize the tanks and equipment.
I have had bio material like Matrix. What I’ve done here is spread it out in something like a cookie sheet or Rubbermaid tote. Dried it with the same fan then let sit for extended time (at least a few weeks) I’ve even soaked in vinegar water first. Then I rinse in boiling water, tumbling in a colander or stirring with a spoon of small amount. Allow to dry again, then place in bags etc to re-sead in a sump etc.
I took down the whole system, soaked everything in bleach and chloroxylenol, then scrubbed and soaked again with natural dish soap, then soaked in baking soda solution and air dried in the sun for a day. Set up the day after, added seeded bio media aka live rock and added in maroons. So far so good

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back