Radion G4 Intensity vs Point Intensity? Without PAR

Gustavo89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im struggling with this doubt.

When you import a program, you set the Overall Intensity, my case at 55%. (Mostly LPS)

Then, when you explore the "created points" by default, you see that each point has different intensity (2nd picture related). So it means that the point reaches 37% of intensity but never reaches 55%??? If its not reaching it, then why do i need to set the brightness? or why would you need it?

Can anybody help me with this doubt?

Thanks!!

PS.- Tank is 20" depth

1567474964525.png
1567475191666.png

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectrum sliders adjust each channel relitive to each other and the intensity adjusts them all together. For example if they were all at 100 individually and at 50 intensity they would all run at 50. If you had blues at 100 and white at 50 and intensity at 50 then blue would be at 50 and white at 25. Quick and dirty example i know but in summation use the individual channels to get the spectrum you like visually and for coral growth then use the intensity to dim it or brighten it. Hope that helps

OP
OP
Gustavo89

Gustavo89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectrum sliders adjust each channel relitive to each other and the intensity adjusts them all together. For example if they were all at 100 individually and at 50 intensity they would all run at 50. If you had blues at 100 and white at 50 and intensity at 50 then blue would be at 50 and white at 25. Quick and dirty example i know but in summation use the individual channels to get the spectrum you like visually and for coral growth then use the intensity to dim it or brighten it. Hope that helps

Ok, i think i got it, but for example, the point that is created as you can see on the 2nd picture, it never reaches the 55% of intensity right? Its at 37%, if i increase the intensity to 70%, the point's intensity would increase?

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that would keep all your channels in relation to each other the same but they would all get brighter together by 33%

It’s like the color channels set the color spectrum of your “sun” and the intensity give it a sunrise sunset. During sunrise and sunset it puts out the same blend of colors but just not as much of it.

Edit: changed the percent as I am algebraically challenged ;)

OP
OP
Gustavo89

Gustavo89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that would keep all your channels in relation to each other the same but they would all get brighter together by 43%

It’s like the color channels set the color spectrum of your “sun” and the intensity give it a sunrise sunset. During sunrise and sunset it puts out the same blend of colors but just not as much of it.

I suppose the Brightness bar is if you use the Advanced Sliders. Im doing some tests right now, and it seems that in order to modify the peaks or points intensity you need to increase the Yellow slide intensity bar, so the peak will raise the intensity...

panui22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if I’m a using a WXM module through my apex? Is the point intensity the actual intensity? There is no overall intensity bar on the apex

8181C019-31C5-4AF7-8BC9-60DE61E25930.png

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That second circle 37% is your total light output, it probably has limited not to its full potential preserving the light maybe.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back