Radion Schedules...SHARE HERE! (*Official Thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been following this schedule?
Have you had growth success?
I have owned a Gen 2 xr30 for a while over 1 tank which is a mixed reef 93 gallon cube. and recently got a a new xr30 for a frag tank that I wan to be SPS dominate. While programming the new Radion ecosmart live wirelessly changed my schedule over my 93 cube Gen2 Radion. I am trying to get back to where I was before, but I am not getting the lights back the way they were. Your schedule looks interesting and I may take it up on one or both of my tanks.
One last question: Why intensity of 65%? I think mine was at 75 or 85%, but now I am even sure why.
Thanks

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been following this schedule?
Have you had growth success?
I have owned a Gen 2 xr30 for a while over 1 tank which is a mixed reef 93 gallon cube. and recently got a a new xr30 for a frag tank that I wan to be SPS dominate. While programming the new Radion ecosmart live wirelessly changed my schedule over my 93 cube Gen2 Radion. I am trying to get back to where I was before, but I am not getting the lights back the way they were. Your schedule looks interesting and I may take it up on one or both of my tanks.
One last question: Why intensity of 65%? I think mine was at 75 or 85%, but now I am even sure why.
Thanks

I've setup my tank about 2 months ago and still have yet to add any corals. I am doing all SPS so my tanks just not ready yet.. I've added only 2 batches of fish and a clam.
I knew I was going to run a ramp up ramp down schedule after finding out that David saxby and Stuart Bethram run a similar schedule with very good success. I have a seneye par meter and depending on how much Par I am getting at 65% over the rock work and sand I'll increase the intensity as needed to get anywhere from 300-400 Par (when at peak)
My logic is based of replicating natures light cycle best I can in giving the corals random burst of light intensity throughout the day. Same concept as flow in the ocean and the tank, Its always changing and so is light intensity and primary reason I decided to use LEDS. I've ran this schedule for 2 weeks and funny part is I don't even notice when the lights intensity goes from 60% to 40%. I run all the color channels on 100% as I just like the look better. I feel this system may also allow me to ramp up the PAR to ridiculous levels for short burst without fear of bleaching anything. For instance, maybe I can take it up to 500PAR few times a day.

Once I get it dialed it i'll let you know. Good luck

Clark song

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure the difference in moonlight intensities, from fixture to fixture, is predetermined by the mimicry of the waxing/waning moon schedule.

If you have the "Lunar Phases" function enabled on your schedule, this is normal behavior. To fully utilize this feature, be sure to organize your Radions on the "Layout" tab within EcoSmartLive. There you will be able to manipulate the Radions assigned to your tank in relation to how they are physically mounted above your system.

Therefore, giving you the left-to-right or right-to-left difference in moonlight intensities based on the current phases of the lunar cycle.
Mark

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back