Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start off by Contacting Ecotech support with this issue ASAP and they will get your sorted out.

Blown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My radion xr15 blue g5 are turning off from time to time. The AC DC transformer is turning off (no blue light). When I unplug the AC cable and plug it again, it’s working for few hours till it shuts off again. The transformer is a bit hot.
Anyone familiar with this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/588581491606949/user/100008517754256/?__cft__[0]=AZU0Oawt3sNC9kUB9k1uas5vPvyB1SOFnfwvKTPS5Esbcylwe0Q96jVeL_t-iKr9qo-1vH0DS9XE6of7Squ1YR975JAten_aBGFv_Y0ukOF4vex6CQV3Isaog6BO9KVB3Po&__tn__=<<,P-R

I am having this same issue with one of my G'5 blues also, what did it end up being?

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's overloading the circuit and sending the power supply into a temporary shut down. Potentially a minor short somewhere on the main board.
If the light is still under warranty, contact Ecotech. If not, PM me, I might be able to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chaturai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having this same issue with one of my G'5 blues also, what did it end up being?
No solution . i'm running it around 70% intensity . seller promised me to replace my motherboard. but i don't think it will solve the issue . included power supply is not enough for this light thats why the power brick get hot and turned off . poor QC ecotech

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a lot more Radion board issues than power supply issues. While the PSU failure can't be completely ruled out, the main board is a more likely suspect.

OP
OP
C

chaturai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally i have fixed the issue by replacing power brick , seems ecotech accidentally released a batch with failure powerpack. i got a new powerpack from recent shipment and no issue at all, now i can run light 100% . (previously i have tried another power pack from same batch as mine but that power pack also had same issue )

Blown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I have been getting this issue on one of my 3 xr15 blues for a while. I have tried swapping bricks but the same light trips all 3 different power bricks where the other 2 blues dont. It definately gets worse the higher the intensity Currently at %80.

NewReefer42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally i have fixed the issue by replacing power brick , seems ecotech accidentally released a batch with failure powerpack. i got a new powerpack from recent shipment and no issue at all, now i can run light 100% . (previously i have tried another power pack from same batch as mine but that power pack also had same issue )
Source for this claim?

razmi2505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's overloading the circuit and sending the power supply into a temporary shut down. Potentially a minor short somewhere on the main board.
If the light is still under warranty, contact Ecotech. If not, PM me, I might be able to help.
How can u help to resolve this issue

charlieborg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Radion G5 15 sometimes does not come on till I unplug the cord going to the light and plug it up? Different from yours, but it seems to be a problem with G5 15 lights?​

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Radion G5 15 sometimes does not come on till I unplug the cord going to the light and plug it up? Different from yours, but it seems to be a problem with G5 15 lights?​

Mine has started doing this…did you come up with a fix?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back