OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should give us a try with shading. As with any LED (not specific to any brands), shading is always a problem due to lens. LED must have a lens for good penetration but at the same time restricts the spread. What we do is that the angle is auto changing over the course of the day giving a slightly different angle to reduce shadowing and allow lights to reach under overhangs and underneath overgrown corals on the top layer.

There will be a promotion soon for these lights, check us out on our website, Facebook page.

Happy reefing!
Appreciate the mention but it's a very pricey option. :/

Eric Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right placement is everything

eventually there will be shading when corals grow larger in a confined space but that's our goal for keeping corals right? that's why we have this idea of a rotating head so corals will receive more lights than regular lights that doesn't move.

FL-Reefer-addict352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eventually there will be shading when corals grow larger in a confined space but that's our goal for keeping corals right? that's why we have this idea of a rotating head so corals will receive more lights than regular lights that doesn't move.
On that note the new HEI lenses on the gen4 are spherical there for my left xr15 shoots light to the right and prevents Shading and the one on the right cast some light left so overgrown corals and rock scape haven't shaded anything yet.....

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike called me I was correct. It's a known issue they had where the MAC addresses were sent out the same on a bunch of units. He has to send me a new wifi module for two of them which I can swap out myself. Glad he knew what was going on right away!
Closing the loop. Got my 3 additional lights plus the two wifi modules today. The lights are working awesome. With 6 over my tank the coverage is phenomenal. Hardly any shading.

enveetie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closing the loop. Got my 3 additional lights plus the two wifi modules today. The lights are working awesome. With 6 over my tank the coverage is phenomenal. Hardly any shading.
what percentages are you running them? or are you using a controller?

enveetie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex but using phone app and wifi only to control them. Blues 100%, white 40%, moonlight 100% during the day.

similar to where i have mine. 100 blues, 50 whites over a foot tall tank, lights about 14-16 inches above the water. im always interested in what people run because i hear them running something like 30w/40-60b and complaining of burning or bleaching. mainly sps here.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
similar to where i have mine. 100 blues, 50 whites over a foot tall tank, lights about 14-16 inches above the water. im always interested in what people run because i hear them running something like 30w/40-60b and complaining of burning or bleaching. mainly sps here.
I am sps heavy. Mine are about 6" off the water. Tank is 2' deep. I only put sps at the top that love to be crushed with light. And they love it!

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice glad they got you straightened out post some fts is love too see

MIA_1561.jpg

vpreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Tank. I am considering going the SB's over the Radions, do you notice any Disco effect from the SB's?

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which sbreeflight type did you purchase? 6 16" standards?
6 of the 16" wifi.

BTW i get a DNS search when I try to look at your site.
Hmm it seems to be working for me? And an nslookup against google dns shows the correct IP/site. So I'm not sure what the issue would be. Maybe try to flush your dns?

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 of the 16" wifi.

Hmm it seems to be working for me? And an nslookup against google dns shows the correct IP/site. So I'm not sure what the issue would be. Maybe try to flush your dns?

I have a similar setup as you except mine is 30 inches tall. Do you think two 32 extreme Wi-Fi would provide enough coverage? Or do you think the six that you got is better?

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar setup as you except mine is 30 inches tall. Do you think two 32 extreme Wi-Fi would provide enough coverage? Or do you think the six that you got is better?
I feel the 6 is better because of the front to back coverage. It eliminated more shadows.

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 of the 16" wifi.

must have been my error..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back