OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you screen shot me your schedule I've been trying to dial these in for months

IMG_2669.PNG

IMG_2670.PNG

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update. Using a seneye par meter, I checked my tank lights. I have 6 of the SB reef over my 180g which is 6' x 2' x 2'

My tank is super heavy sps. All are growing fast and with beautiful coloring. Just as well as my radions or any T5 or MH I had in the past. The par at the sand is high enough for some sps like miyagi tort, coming in at an average of 175. Middle of the tank gets 250-300. And the very top gets 450-500. My corals at the top were chosen specifically because they can handle that par. Top corals are cliffs acro, red planet, Tierra del Fuego, strawberry shortcake, pearlberry, green planet, upscales microlados, rose gold and rose garden millie, sour lemon millie, and ding dang millie.

Tarlon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of your display with the last update please?

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display is in process of being torn down, but I'll grab a quick pic so you can see what the SB Reef look like. Also something to note, I am in the process of switching over to Kessils. After using pretty much every major brand of LED out there, finally settled on the Kessils.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display is in process of being torn down, but I'll grab a quick pic so you can see what the SB Reef look like. Also something to note, I am in the process of switching over to Kessils. After using pretty much every major brand of LED out there, finally settled on the Kessils.

What would you think about 1 ap700 with 6 t5 retrofit bulbs on a 30x30x24 SPS tank? I'm currently running 2x24" photon v2's and I have good PAR, and they look great for LEDs, but I miss the halide look.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you think about 1 ap700 with 6 t5 retrofit bulbs on a 30x30x24 SPS tank? I'm currently running 2x24" photon v2's and I have good PAR, and they look great for LEDs, but I miss the halide look.
Kessils have a very similar look to halide, which is one reason I like them so much. So much so that I even carry them now for customers. A very natural shimmer like what you see is in the ocean. I personally wouldn't want to add any T5s to it as it would make the tank look more dull and lose depth.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back