Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

nex64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nex64 ps thanks for stopping in. If you happen to have any pics of your old xho in action would love to see em love me some tank spam from folks :)

I wish man, old iPhone with all the goods got stolen and all my coral **** was gone with it.

I will say that when i had the 2 running side by side with my ATI's, my corals were loving the extra light!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an email from Marine Depot advertising your light. Are they trying to peddle these to the weak minded? They are worse than dope pushers.
1586985683677.png
:p
So did you get your shipping email tracking number yet?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of cheap china black boxes. A friend once told me getting the better lights was the responsible thing to do not a luxury but saving money in the long run keeping corals alive and thriving :p Who was that world class enabler........ oh yeah it was @Salty Lemon ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Do it we can be lighting twins

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of cheap china black boxes. A friend once told me getting the better lights was the responsible thing to do not a luxury but saving money in the long run keeping corals alive and thriving :p Who was that world class enabler........ oh yeah it was @Salty Lemon ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Do it we can be lighting twins
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
In the last 24 hours, you have suggested that I hit up bars with you, get arrested, and now spend crazy amounts of money. There is nothing here I wouldn't have done without you, but it makes it that much easier. Although I would like to be part of the "lighting twins" crew. :p

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
In the last 24 hours, you have suggested that I hit up bars with you, get arrested, and now spend crazy amounts of money. There is nothing here I wouldn't have done without you, but it makes it that much easier. Although I would like to be part of the "lighting twins" crew. :p
I can vouch, 24 hours with Ray is Ike a lifetime with anyone else.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon! My weekend started cpl hours early :cool: Got my shipping notifications 8 new T5ho bulbs about an hour away! New Reefbrite blue xho coming in on Monday. Will be installing all 8 bulbs at onc and raising heightof t5’s to not burn the heck out of stuff while they break in at full power before they go back on a dimming schedule. The same treatment for the leds once installed per recommendations read.Excited to see the bulbs choices color on the tank!
BD894D3D-9AD2-4367-AEF3-C0AEC3CFA7F6.jpeg

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon! My weekend started cpl hours early :cool: Got my shipping notifications 8 new T5ho bulbs about an hour away! New Reefbrite blue xho coming in on Monday. Will be installing all 8 bulbs at onc and raising heightof t5’s to not burn the heck out of stuff while they break in at full power before they go back on a dimming schedule. The same treatment for the leds once installed per recommendations read.Excited to see the bulbs choices color on the tank!
BD894D3D-9AD2-4367-AEF3-C0AEC3CFA7F6.jpeg

Can you stop posting pics of great looking tanks like that... it’s driving me crazy/jealous right now!! lol

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you stop posting pics of great looking tanks like that... it’s driving me crazy/jealous right now!! lol
Ah but when yours is finally going it will be Glorius! I’m drooling over your sump plan ;Drool

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just relaxing looking at the tank and the nem is HUGE! Going to need an upgrade to hold him. Estimating about 16-17 inches length back corner to near front glass on an angle and 8-9 inches wide :oops: I knew the LTA could grow big like this just didn’t think it would within a year and half
6BF33287-2078-4212-8ED0-B3F5352C301E.jpeg

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just relaxing looking at the tank and the nem is HUGE! Going to need an upgrade to hold him. Estimating about 16-17 inches length back corner to near front glass on an angle and 8-9 inches wide :oops: I knew the LTA could grow big like this just didn’t think it would within a year and half
6BF33287-2078-4212-8ED0-B3F5352C301E.jpeg

how do you like LTA’s? Do they move like BTA’s do? I really want to get one but the constant worry of my BTA killing its neighbors was always on my mind

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like LTA’s? Do they move like BTA’s do? I really want to get one but the constant worry of my BTA killing its neighbors was always on my mind
I think lta is easier. They dig thru sand to glass and attach and in my case I built a circle of low rocks where I wanted him , kept the leg protected from flow and with one of two adjustments within hour he was staying put and spreading out.
With BTA I had ( before clown rubbed it to death) was a lot of nail biting as it traveled the tank looking for right flow light and rock to attach to.

Overall I love the BTA for color compared to my lta but I’ve seen some purple corkscrew lta s that are pretty sharp but wife fell for this guy in a petco and rescued it.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think lta is easier. They dig they sand to glass and attach and in my case I built a circle of low rocks where I wanted him kept the leg protected from flow and with one of two adjustments within hour he was staying put and spreading out.
With BTA I had ( before clown rubbed it to death) was a lot of nail biting as it traveled th tank finding tight flow lightand rock yo attach to.

Overall I love the BTA for color compared to my lta but I’ve seen some purple corkscrew lta s that are pretty sharp but wife fell for this guy in a petco and rescued it.

hmm ill have a bare bottom tank, you think that’ll work?

BTA definitely has better color but i love the elegance of LTA, how they sway in the water. Not to forget, clowns are much more likely to host in those

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think an lta Needs some sand to bury in. Even tho this one was attached to bottom of petco glass tank I don’t think it would thrive without some sand. Perhaps a low rock with hole on center to add some sand in a contained space then play with location with flow would work?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back