OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honesty in reefing it should be part of the build thread Rich. Lets keep it here maybe what we do will help someone else down the line who stops in.
The reaper shall pass my door! then I can change my avatar back lol

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honesty in reefing it should be part of the build thread Rich. Lets keep it here maybe what we do will help someone else done the line who stops in.
The reaper shall pass my door! then I can change my avatar back lol
I didnt notice the avatar till just then... they are still in Simon's reply. Sorry sir... I'm an idiot and thought we were in private chat. And you're right. Lessons learned for future reefers by keeping them public.

Cheers

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi gang, battle I have is on. @RichtheReefer21 loaned me a 55 gl and canister filter. Tanks clean 30 gl salt made another 30 rodi done 2 nite and mixed ready to roll tomorrow am. Will give it a cpl days to break in have 3 different bio starters to add + will be moving rock from my sump to hospital tank as well.
While hospital tank gets ready treating reef with a reef safe ich treatment to help alleviate symptoms till I move fish and go fallow.
I had ordered polyp labs medic paid 50 bucks for two day ship to have today and it’s coming Monday.....night happy email sent strongly worded. In mean time local LFS had a Fritz product that person I now used and helped alleviate the infection.
The reef treatment I know is not going to cut it long term need fallow period to nail door shut on the parasites.
Bad news Tammarin is mia was laying on sand took pic no signs on body guessing gills were affected. :(
Good news others are holding there own no signs of distress flashing scratching etc and they seem to be enjoying the extra meals and vitamins.
Still a bit shell shocked fish stocking completed and new corals dipped bug not quarantined from a suspect establishment ( I halve come to find) is likeliest point of entry.
Keepin good vibes doing best to make it right again.
Stay salty safe and keep on keeping on friends

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi gang, battle I have is on. @RichtheReefer21 loaned me a 55 gl and canister filter. Tanks clean 30 gl salt made another 30 rodi done 2 nite and mixed ready to roll tomorrow am. Will give it a cpl days to break in have 3 different bio starters to add + will be moving rock from my sump to hospital tank as well.
While hospital tank gets ready treating reef with a reef safe ich treatment to help alleviate symptoms till I move fish and go fallow.
I had ordered polyp labs medic paid 50 bucks for two day ship to have today and it’s coming Monday.....night happy email sent strongly worded. In mean time local LFS had a Fritz product that person I now used and helped alleviate the infection.
The reef treatment I know is not going to cut it long term need fallow period to nail door shut on the parasites.
Bad news Tammarin is mia was laying on sand took pic no signs on body guessing gills were affected. :(
Good news others are holding there own no signs of distress flashing scratching etc and they seem to be enjoying the extra meals and vitamins.
Still a bit shell shocked fish stocking completed and new corals dipped bug not quarantined from a suspect establishment ( I halve come to find) is likeliest point of entry.
Keepin good vibes doing best to make it right again.
Stay salty safe and keep on keeping on friends
You got this ray.

And that's a swift kick in the groin with the polyp lab medic. Sorry u had to deal with that on top of the bee.ezz.

Maybe I'll just let u keep the setup for future emergencies. It ain't coming west with me. I think it has found a new home if ull take it :)

Best luck with the fishies. If anyone will do whatever it takes, it's you. High five man.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Casualty update
Tammarin Wrasse dead seen in bad shape then mussing
Kole Tang eating last night today mia can’t find in tank
Half black tang eating last night mia today no sign of body
Anemone closed up less than half size holding on to something....
Meds being dosed nothing else to do but be happy for ones still kicking.
Happily eyes on following all eating tho eating and no flashing scratching does not seem to indicate they are long for this world.

Mandarin, CBB, Foxface,Maroon, Scopas, Blue Green Chromis, Cardinal, and Molly Miller Blenny

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is best not to think what a Simon physical hug can do.
I used NT Labs antibacterial on the tank due to damage on my convict tang, it is alive and healing, my tank is sulking!
I don't name fish or creatures but this is "poto" a couple of days ago, phantom of the opera is a lot of typing!
Never give up hope! :)

DSC_0015 (784x561) (2).jpg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is best not to think what a Simon physical hug can do.
I used NT Labs antibacterial on the tank due to damage on my convict tang, it is alive and healing, my tank is sulking!
I don't name fish or creatures but this is "poto" a couple of days ago, phantom of the opera is a lot of typing!
Never give up hope! :)

DSC_0015 (784x561) (2).jpg
Thanks brother this was exact boost I needed!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A shout out to everyone who has left a like sad face loved to these posts or a reply. You all have made this so much more than a record to look back at my reefing life. To have your support thru the lord in reefing has really helped my mental state to carry on and have hope for the reefs future.
You are all appreciated more than you know.
Thanks
To @RichtheReefer21 Rich your friendship and enthusiasm are some of the best things to have come outta R2R. I bust ya cause your family this reef is as much yours as mine brother.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goooood Morning all
Well tomorrow should be the start of fallow period. Going to complete the reef safe treatment then fresh water dip and Into cupramine for 2 weeks.
One confirmed Kia Kole tang found his body this am. 2nd Kole to kick it on me thus one was smallest / youngest fish in tank so not totally surprising he gave up the ghost. One surprise is the smallest bullied cardinal is fine thought he would be in trouble for sure.
Tell ya water bill is gonna be spiking this month lol 20 gallon reg WC then 50 gallons fresh for hospital tank I’m pretty sick of making water.
Hoping to see the half black tang today he ate last night and my scape has way to many nooks and crannies to count em out.
Fingers crossed the reef safe fritz seems to be helping buying time to let hospital tank settle.
Be happy stay safe friends. Going to need to see some pics of you guys tanks so I can see fish and corals together for the next cpl months.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh! Water on the floor canister was leaking pretty good. Bought a new canister may delay transfer need to check bio filter is kicked into gear. Should be good but safety first.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Ray, what a freaky up and down year this has been for ya. Know you can do it, but man, what a pain.
You know the old saying “That that doesn’t kill us just p is se’s us off” This is just a supervradical way to get that final nitrate drop :p

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back