Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiostiy I have attached my foxface to this post....have you ever seen anything quite like this?

78D76108-D44B-4E3A-AE2B-2728B9EEF4DA.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Ray, sorry you’ve been dealing with this. last I knew you thought you had Ich, Velvets a kick in the cajones I wish on nobody. I only managed to save 5 or 6 of 14 fish when I dealt with it And lost all of my favorite fishes. FWIW I‘m glad you didn’t catch the Tamarin in the beginning, they do not tolerate Cupramine well. Sounds like you figured that out along the way as well.

You’re doing good, don’t let the losses get you down. If you do decide to try copper on the Tamarin let me know and I’ll send you Copper Power and the Hanna Checker to work with.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brother I’m sorry to read about the losses? Someone else I know lost all his fish because of coral. So hard to keep things out of the tank.

Now let’s get more positive. The rescape looks great. It adds more depth to the tank
Thanks Don. That which does not kill us just pi@@es us of ;) Reefingis like being a little kid again sometimes need to learn the lessons the hard way

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@firsttimeowner England is a different slice of reefing their supply chain doesn’t seem to have issues with fish disease we have plus they get some pretty sweet corals. Bauer has an incredible setup and a but load of pics in his build thread if ya like eye candy

Last edited:

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@firsttimeowner England is a different slice of reefing their supply chain doesn’t seem to have issues with fish disease we gave plus they get some pretty sweet corals. Bauer has an incredible setup and a but load of pics in his build thread if ya like eye candy
That sounds awesome and I would like to agree but living in the UK and having bought all my fish in the UK and encountering new problems every time I'm starting to wonder.......

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds awesome and I would like to agree but living in the UK and having bought all my fish in the UK and encountering new problems every time I'm starting to wonder.......
It woüld seem not LFS are created equal :( Another good point of R2R is finding the gems out there from other reefers in your area

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiostiy I have attached my foxface to this post....have you ever seen anything quite like this?

78D76108-D44B-4E3A-AE2B-2728B9EEF4DA.jpeg

You need to post this in the fish forum, you will get a lot more eyes on the issue and posting the size of the tank, age and water test results will help.

firsttimeowner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to post this in the fish forum, you will get a lot more eyes on the issue and posting the size of the tank, age and water test results will help.
I have done so already and they think it may potentially be brook :/ now I commence with setting up a quick QT tank, freshwater dip and copper treatment.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like build is going good. Im starring my fist saltwater aquarium myself. Will star build thread still waiting to complete leak test.
Thanks it has had its setbacks rl illness and then velvet so not where I wanted but danger close to being the dream in my mind. Thanks for checking out my thread please tag me when you start your build threads do I can follow along :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no and you were building up to all desired stock. For CBB- salgado aquatics is your place. . . . quarantined and eating when you receive it.
Hopefully by the time I’m ready Salgado will be shipping again. They are awesome sad I lost my half black and Scopas from them they were beautiful

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning salty friends, Memorial Day is off and running! Nice breakfast finished ribs getting ready to high be grill with some corn on the cob. Hope your all giving a relaxing day as well.
On the salt side hospital tank is getting the copper sucked out if it with cuprisorb and carbon. Once it’s zeroed out will remove both and do a round of meds to make sure all fish are healthy as can be.
Been thinking on bacteria a bit. While velvet is prime suspect it’s just a best bet. Aquabiomics has 20% off sale for Memorial Day so ordered up a before and after see if report will bail down what hit the tank then I can use second yo confirm the fish can go home to display.
The geek in me is rather excited !

A shout out to ATI North America sent an email yesterday Sunday and they replied in just an hour and change! On a Sunday! Great support advising what to do .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back