Raeges 75 gallon Adventure

Green Hair Algae battleplan?


  • Total voters
    161
@Coolhack Thanks for stopping in and wading thru the pages. I love the idea of a puffer tank. So many fish I love not reef safe one day will set up a Fowler for a clown trigger puffers and angels. Gonna look for pics of your tank sounds awesome. If ya don’t have a thread feel free to drop a pic or two here :)
I have a few pics, mostly videos.

20190629_162828.jpg
 
I have a few pics, mostly videos.

20190629_162828.jpg
I have better ones I have to download them from my Dropbox. Skimmer and sump I made my self. Did all the plumbing myself. All pc pipe. Water gets to my sump through twin siphon one on each end of the tank and go down into the sump t-ed together. I am proud of what I did with what money I had to spend on it. Lemme pull a few pics and show ya.
 
I do have a question that I have been trying to solve for about 4 months now. Can a "Freshwater Snowflake Eel" go full salt? I mean he is in the Moray Eel Family. Everything I have read says brackish and there have been some conflicting responses to full salt. What do you guys think?
 
I do have a question that I have been trying to solve for about 4 months now. Can a "Freshwater Snowflake Eel" go full salt? I mean he is in the Moray Eel Family. Everything I have read says brackish and there have been some conflicting responses to full salt. What do you guys think?
Don’t have any xp with these guys. I would drop question in the fish forum get more eyes on it.
 
Happy Friday my salty friends. Getting ready for some testing a small wc to free up the weekend. Also pulled the trigger on my first Wrasse. It was a real stunner and couldnt say no. Should be hitting the tank Tuesday :-) Will get a pic up of the yellow banded possum once aclimated
 
Divers den. Got the diy screen kit coming from @Bulk Reef Supply as well

Ur reef is loving how ur spending ur vacation time. So am I ;)

Keep it going bud... that payoff has been a long time coming for u ray. Cheers friend.

Oh, and I guess since u didnt reply to my invite to stop over, I'll assume you dont want any of @Scurvy 's gorgonian. Psssshhhh
 
Ur reef is loving how ur spending ur vacation time. So am I ;)

Keep it going bud... that payoff has been a long time coming for u ray. Cheers friend.

Oh, and I guess since u didnt reply to my invite to stop over, I'll assume you dont want any of @Scurvy 's gorgonian. Psssshhhh
@RichtheReefer21 By the time I read invite it was late and I didn’t think that bangin on your door late night woulda been conducive to a long term continued friendship or your lady not killing me lol
And speaking of gorgs I saw a blueberry for sale....... thinking hard on it was a hundred beans
 
@RichtheReefer21 By the time I read invite it was late and I didn’t think that bangin on your door late night woulda been conducive to a long term continued friendship or your lady not killing me lol
And speaking of gorgs I saw a blueberry for sale....... thinking hard on it was a hundred beans
Wow, never seen a blue gorg.

Home all evening and night... ;)

Free anemone giveaway with the cut if u please! :D I'll dip it for u too if u like. Lmk
20190727_163025.jpg


Be forwarned... this is the same gorg that mutilated @Fudsey 's Strawberry Shortcake. :eek:
 
Wow, never seen a blue gorg.

Home all evening and night... ;)

Free anemone giveaway with the cut if u please! :D I'll dip it for u too if u like. Lmk
20190727_163025.jpg


Be forwarned... this is the same gorg that mutilated @Fudsey 's Strawberry Shortcake. :eek:
Daddy Likes!
 
Evening folks. Sunday night back to work in am where I have to cover a position I do not like :-( I thought doing some testing would take the mind off it do here’s the results since last check on 7/20
Nitrates up a bit from 25 to 30ish meh heavy feed perhaps but likely need reactor changed out
Po4 also up from .1 to .12
Alk 8.7 steady trying for 9 but seems 8.7 is where it wants to hang
Ca 470 down from 500
Mg 1600 unchanged
Temp 78.6
Salinity1.026
So happy to have a measurable Ca drop not thrilled about the nitrate and phosphate but not really worried. Tank is doing it’s thing finding a groove 13.5 months in. GHA still pockets but not going as wild as before. Seems cuc is actually making progress they are all over it and it’s in just a few localized places.
New fish going in tank Tuesday more mouths to eat any extra good we’re dropping in tank lol.
Have a good rest of your day and a better tomorrow my friends.
Ray
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new