Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah John I think that’s what I’m gonna roll with. Never considered rodi but after my tds meter failure debacle will be some peace of mind. Hoping to be doing some coral shoppin from you in cpl months once I’m sure tank is locked down :)

I caught wind of that from Rich. Bummer man! Happy to see your bouncing back!

Whenever your ready, Trying to get breader tank #2 going in the next few weeks and get some fragging going.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there boys and girls friends and neighbors shot a quick video of starfish and my Diaz Foxface . Tottaly forgot to shut off tv sound tho :(
Shout out to @vetteguy53081 if ya guys remember about a month go bought a used apex jr that was busted in shipping Tony found an apex classic lite he sent to replace it. I am tech challenged in some ways I find (thought I was pretty good took programming in college) had trouble wiping prev owner and getting it on my fusion but got it locked in now. Pretty cool getting a text from it in alerts. Need to get wireless hooked up and calibrate probes and move what I can to it’s outlets. Need a few more outlets just have the eb8 I bought and looking at a cpl modules fir icecap gyres the vim when I can upgrade lights next year.
Enuf dat blah blah here’s some moving pictures with bit o commentarz

Nice!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m no Cecil B DeMille..... Yet lol thanks for swinging in

Wife got one of the granddaughters a video camcorder with a tripod for Christmas so she can do YouTube videos. Guess who's going to be checking that camcorder out? Lol

New toy for Papa! Lol

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife got one of the granddaughters a video camcorder with a tripod for Christmas so she can do YouTube videos. Guess who's going to be checking that camcorder out? Lol

New toy for Papa! Lol
Nice! Look forward to seeing some vids of your tank with the grand daughters providing some commentary and pointing things out :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Look forward to seeing some vids of your tank with the grand daughters providing some commentary and pointing things out :)

It's been awhile since I've done some. I need some new post production software to make them more professional. Now I can say to the wife, "sweetie, it's for the girls, not me!" Wink, wink! Lol

Flippers reef 2.0

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there boys and girls friends and neighbors shot a quick video of starfish and my Diaz Foxface . Tottaly forgot to shut off tv sound tho :(
Shout out to @vetteguy53081 if ya guys remember about a month go bought a used apex jr that was busted in shipping Tony found an apex classic lite he sent to replace it. I am tech challenged in some ways I find (thought I was pretty good took programming in college) had trouble wiping prev owner and getting it on my fusion but got it locked in now. Pretty cool getting a text from it in alerts. Need to get wireless hooked up and calibrate probes and move what I can to it’s outlets. Need a few more outlets just have the eb8 I bought and looking at a cpl modules fir icecap gyres the vim when I can upgrade lights next year.
Enuf dat blah blah here’s some moving pictures with bit o commentarz

Reef is looking good buddy.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that u flipped the rock. I did this as well with pretty good results about a year ago when I was battling some uglies. I chuckled when u said u have "idiot cuc" .. gotta recruit smarter snails ray... sheeesh.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that u flipped the rock. I did this as well with pretty good results about a year ago when I was battling some uglies. I chuckled when u said u have "idiot cuc" .. gotta recruit smarter snails ray... sheeesh.
I called MIT they have no snails graduating..... :p wish I caught the starfish falling off the rocks and landing upside down . Sand sifting starfish........ah buddy no sand on the rocks smh you find smart cut I’m all in

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gooood evening fellow reefers, Well Apex journey continues to have bumps in road.......
The junior I bought came with WiFi adapter that I just found like the junior did not survive shipping grrrrr. Not end of world amazon has one coming in tomorrow so will be able to start mounting it by tank getting readings. The big accomplishment today was getting ph to calibrate. :eek: What a PITA! Finally got it by calibrating a few times without probe connected then leaving in each solution for 5 minutes to settle with full cleaning and drying of probe between them.
Tomorrow us flip the rock back, change carbon, gfo, and clean skimmer and change socks. May do another mini WC just drain and fill half sump about 15 gal.
Wife and I have cut back feeding feel like we’re starving em sometimes. Walk by the tank and they all come to corner surface begging. I think feeding qty may be toughest lesson to learn at least for us in the hobby.
Stay salty friends
image.jpg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need some good Apex news, brother. For the record, I feed every other day and just let them beg.
:D We have been strong letting em beg. Means next day they don’t miss anything. Just need to make sure and target Lenny as he can get shut out by the pigs!

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called MIT they have no snails graduating..... :p wish I caught the starfish falling off the rocks and landing upside down . Sand sifting starfish........ah buddy no sand on the rocks smh you find smart cut I’m all in
Hey Ray, the lawnmower blenny and abalone i put into my tank a cpl week ago had been working insane. Now my rock are almost prestige clean and my glass surface very much no Noticeable algae growth. I can scrape my glass any more because this might strave the abalone and i have to start feeding it with some seaweed. Lol.
I just found this article on the web, maybe this is the smart CUC for you!
Have a great day. Keep reefing!
3738B5BE-F584-4986-8C23-9502F3597AE2.png

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gooood evening fellow reefers, Well Apex journey continues to have bumps in road.......
The junior I bought came with WiFi adapter that I just found like the junior did not survive shipping grrrrr. Not end of world amazon has one coming in tomorrow so will be able to start mounting it by tank getting readings. The big accomplishment today was getting ph to calibrate. :eek: What a PITA! Finally got it by calibrating a few times without probe connected then leaving in each solution for 5 minutes to settle with full cleaning and drying of probe between them.
Tomorrow us flip the rock back, change carbon, gfo, and clean skimmer and change socks. May do another mini WC just drain and fill half sump about 15 gal.
Wife and I have cut back feeding feel like we’re starving em sometimes. Walk by the tank and they all come to corner surface begging. I think feeding qty may be toughest lesson to learn at least for us in the hobby.
Stay salty friends
image.jpg
Definitely is hard to avoid feeding when fish beg but you are doing right Ray. I hope your Apex issues are finally done.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ray, the lawnmower blenny and abalone i put into my tank a cpl week ago had been working insane. Now my rock are almost prestige clean and my glass surface very much no Noticeable algae growth. I can scrape my glass any more because this might strave the abalone and i have to start feeding it with some seaweed. Lol.
I just found this article on the web, maybe this is the smart CUC for you!
Have a great day. Keep reefing!
3738B5BE-F584-4986-8C23-9502F3597AE2.png
Would love a Lawnmower but he wouldn't get along with the molly Miller blenny :-( back up plan is getting tang gang to complete stocking

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urrgghh Took an hour to configure the wireless bridge point of sale setup but it’s working :) Seeing the hour gonna skip getting it mounted to cabinet and shoot for tomorrow. Feel the need for an adult beverage

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back