Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Getting the hang of the S7 camera it’s decent best color representation on the Xenia I’ve gotten
Ray, the pics were great! And so was the tank! awesome and crystal clear water! Just curious, are you still doing the big frequent WC? I just hate doing WC even for my nano, so i am planning to start cutting down on it even more . Btw, i have started my nano 25g rimless tank thread. I would be delighted if you would check it out when you have time. Keep reefing!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray, the pics were great! And so was the tank! awesome and crystal clear water! Just curious, are you still doing the big frequent WC? I just hate doing WC even for my nano, so i am planning to start cutting down on it even more . Btw, i have started my nano 25g rimless tank thread. I would be delighted if you would check it out when you have time. Keep reefing!
Thanks! I’ve slowed on water changes. I’m happy with slow and easy changes doing about 20 gal every 10 days. In the end I hope to have some great macros in the fuge taking care of business so water changes can be less frequent to maintain the probiotics and trace elements.
Your build thread looks great love the diy work you have done!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tank looking real nice !!

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’ve slowed on water changes. I’m happy with slow and easy changes doing about 20 gal every 10 days. In the end I hope to have some great macros in the fuge taking care of business so water changes can be less frequent to maintain the probiotics and trace elements.
Your build thread looks great love the diy work you have done!
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for checking my thread. Please share your thoughts and suggestions on different aspects. I wish to learn more and hopefully build up enough confidence and knowledge for my next upgrade ( maybe a 55g long) . Before that need to really get this one blooming and looking awesome in order to persuade my wife .

I have a quick question for you regarding ICP test. I remember reading somewhere that you have sent a sample for ICP but I couldn’t find the result anywhere in the post (maybe i missed it). How did that go? Anything insightful coming out of the ICP test? I am asking because i was thinking of doing a test to see how close my parameters are to the natural sea water level. But if it is not very meaningful then i would rather spend money on corals. . Btw, just added this golden (or yellow) hammer frag to my tank last night
Take care and keep reefing !
858B3253-27BB-4115-A0C7-AEB66B84BA97.png

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fla04gbf the icp test never got a result. Something got lost or numbered wrong and as of yet have not resubmitted a sample. It is on the list of things I want to get done tho.
Okie, would be interested to see the result once you got a chance to resubmit it.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We gaurd that thang like zee Germans and Enigma! So you can probably order on amazon and have it by Friday!
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ATI test over Triton because they test RO/DI too. Nothing against Triton, I just like testing both.
I stick with Triton since I run Triton but really wish they’d test source water too. Talking to someone yesterday thats been waiting on ATI and they’re currently taking 14 days to obtain results. Triton has been 7 days my last two tests.

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ATI test over Triton because they test RO/DI too. Nothing against Triton, I just like testing both.

ATI sounds good. I like the idea of testing the RO source as well, you never know... i don't mind the wait and i can order it and get it shipped to me overseas via amazon. but i need to check what is their policy on international shipping. Thx for sharing caveman . Keep reefing !

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there boys and girls friends and neighbors shot a quick video of starfish and my Diaz Foxface . Tottaly forgot to shut off tv sound tho :(
Shout out to @vetteguy53081 if ya guys remember about a month go bought a used apex jr that was busted in shipping Tony found an apex classic lite he sent to replace it. I am tech challenged in some ways I find (thought I was pretty good took programming in college) had trouble wiping prev owner and getting it on my fusion but got it locked in now. Pretty cool getting a text from it in alerts. Need to get wireless hooked up and calibrate probes and move what I can to it’s outlets. Need a few more outlets just have the eb8 I bought and looking at a cpl modules fir icecap gyres the vim when I can upgrade lights next year.
Enuf dat blah blah here’s some moving pictures with bit o commentarz

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will get one going. I bought a cheapie on sale next try will probably go with a Triton test as it gives pretty cool info and advice from what others have said

Ray check out the ATI ones, I haven’t done one in a long time but I like that they give a RODI water test as well, for a few bucks cheaper.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray check out the ATI ones, I haven’t done one in a long time but I like that they give a RODI water test as well, for a few bucks cheaper.
Yeah John I think that’s what I’m gonna roll with. Never considered rodi but after my tds meter failure debacle will be some peace of mind. Hoping to be doing some coral shoppin from you in cpl months once I’m sure tank is locked down :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back