Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harvesting more GHA this evening. It continues to pull off very easily and makes a mess of the water column so many nasty bits floating about. Another 4 minutes and this is what came out
4AD4CB27-09DC-4486-ADA5-04AA206ACA22.jpeg

Making decent headway with the manual pulling. Wife day she got out of hospital thought she saw a good change lot more coralline on glass and back,and receding green. Seeing it every day sometimes lose sight of progress but if boss is happier after 6 days vaca I must be on track lol
Gave the fish a LRS fish frenzy treat today since I forgot em yesterday DOH. Numbers are next on agenda 2 nite. I ticked gorg and Kenya off moving em to pull gha #honestyinreefing still a bit ugly but getting better.
9C521180-D692-4C81-9CFB-B46F25ED7BC5.jpeg
Happy wife = happy life.

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harvesting more GHA this evening. It continues to pull off very easily and makes a mess of the water column so many nasty bits floating about. Another 4 minutes and this is what came out
4AD4CB27-09DC-4486-ADA5-04AA206ACA22.jpeg

Making decent headway with the manual pulling. Wife day she got out of hospital thought she saw a good change lot more coralline on glass and back,and receding green. Seeing it every day sometimes lose sight of progress but if boss is happier after 6 days vaca I must be on track lol
Gave the fish a LRS fish frenzy treat today since I forgot em yesterday DOH. Numbers are next on agenda 2 nite. I ticked gorg and Kenya off moving em to pull gha #honestyinreefing still a bit ugly but getting better.
9C521180-D692-4C81-9CFB-B46F25ED7BC5.jpeg
Happy wife = happy life.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well alrighty then did some testing
Po4 down to 0.04 Hannah and red sea
Nitrates still high but looks like a true 68 on RedSea so it’s down even with no WC 2 weeks now ;Sorry
Ca 450
Mg 1550
DKH little low at 7 dosed
Salinity 1.025
Temp 77.8
Not to shabby with the neglect liking the TM bio salts think they helped with my nitrate loaded rodi and recovery to date. Hoping with DKH adjusted up coralline can keep outcompeting GHA so it keeps weakening.
Stay Salty and reef on friends

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy wife = happy life.
36 years together I’ve learned a few things
She right I’m wrong
She’s good looking me not so much
She’s smart I’m a part time idiot
I wish everyone could fall in love like us then be lucky nuff to have it grow into toleration :)
Love em and leave em tolerate each other it’s for life .

Last edited:

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She right I’m wrong
I wish everyone could fall in love like us then be lucky nuff to gave it grow into toleration :)
LOL! That about sums it up in our house. I'm lucky to find someone who puts up with me -- and he is here on purpose. :D

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She right I’m wrong
I wish everyone could fall in love like us then be lucky nuff to have it grow into toleration :)
LOL! That about sums it up in our house. I'm lucky to find someone who puts up with me -- and he is here on purpose. :D
I feel the same way. Sadly my ex-wife felt differently. I just never understood since forever to me meant forever. When you make a vow, and there is nothing like infidelity or abuse (mental / physical), you should strive to make it work. This is not a sad thing, I give it as an example to others. Quitting for no good reason is a huge betrayal.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Tuesday! The week is flying by............ Work is a four letter word that R2R lets people post go figure but anyway I ticked off the Kenya yesterday but today it’s back. I also forgot to move gorg back and Kenya has it pinned but still has some polyps extended. Rescue op later to use the new coral putty yo give it a better home. Along with pic of Kenya took a topish down of the nem as well
E64E936F-7E14-4B72-AB24-02F2BBB54F6D.jpeg
6B8CDB82-299A-4C98-9470-EC61DFC999F6.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday all. Just got back and settled in from Cavapalooza. @NY_Caveman Brian thank you so much for hosting the get together! Was awesome seeing you guys and visiting NYC. Other than hanging with you guys and seeing your tank in person. Your pics are great but seeing it in person no comparison. Your raised nem rich is beautiful seeing the nem wake up yesterday and extend on its own pedestal very cool. We took a tour guided by Brian of were he works very impressive and very cool! Seeing the control room where shows are done unreal and a real treat to go behind the scenes like that.
Talking reef eating ny pizza seeing the sights was just what the dr ordered :)
@Crabby48 always cool to talk with you in person my friend your knowledge and love of reefing is awesome and look forward to hitting Jersey to see it in person the pics blow me away so in person you may need to give me cpr to bring me back from how much better it is in person.
@RichtheReefer21 Rich you crack me up so full of life and fun love what you bring to the party my friend. Seeing you and Kalisha dancing down the street in NYC in love and having fun will stick with me for ever you guys are an awesome couple.
@Katrina71 So nice of you to share a fav drink with us wish you were there to tip back a few tippy cows with us! One day hope we all get together to raise a glass in the same room and not states away.
Today time to catch up on some tank tasks and then turn into a vegetable.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday all. Just got back and settled in from Cavapalooza. @NY_Caveman Brian thank you so much for hosting the get together! Was awesome seeing you guys and visiting NYC. Other than hanging with you guys and seeing your tank in person. Your pics are great but seeing it in person no comparison. Your raised nem rich is beautiful seeing the nem wake up yesterday and extend on its own pedestal very cool. We took a tour guided by Brian of were he works very impressive and very cool! Seeing the control room where shows are done unreal and a real treat to go behind the scenes like that.
Talking reef eating ny pizza seeing the sights was just what the dr ordered :)
@Crabby48 always cool to talk with you in person my friend your knowledge and love of reefing is awesome and look forward to hitting Jersey to see it in person the pics blow me away so in person you may need to give me cpr to bring me back from how much better it is in person.
@RichtheReefer21 Rich you crack me up so full of life and fun love what you bring to the party my friend. Seeing you and Kalisha dancing down the street in NYC in love and having fun will stick with me for ever you guys are an awesome couple.
@Katrina71 So nice of you to share a fav drink with us wish you were there to tip back a few tippy cows with us! One day hope we all get together to raise a glass in the same room and not states away.
Today time to catch up on some tank tasks and then turn into a vegetable.
Glad you made it home safe and sound! So glad you two decided to come last minute. Really enjoyed dragging you folks all over Manhattan and sharing reef love.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldnt have been the same without ray. Kathy too. Shes a trooper. The devotion kali and I see when you two are together is special. Cheers to Caveapalooza and to Crabbypalooza in the future. Or maybe @Scurvy Palooza? Bean town reef meet? Hmmm...

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jersey Jersey Jersey! Kathy is in love with your stocking Don. I get her to see your big beauty of a tank it’s a shoo in we upgrade to get some fish that need the space :)
Gratuitous fish pic still getting used to new phone so pics are eh
8DD04055-CE1C-4FD1-AC09-A4599A1F6032.jpeg
D082D838-7026-4D7B-8675-FC88F760D379.jpeg
96CA0B06-C96A-44C4-8291-300B604431DF.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hey saltaholics! Little maint tonight skimmer sicks manual gha removal of which there is less of ;) then a lrs feeding. Was holding a nice chunk frozen in front of gyre let em nip and chase bits when the Maroon did his imitation of a flipping great white shark! He nailed the chunk and my finger and promptly put the whole chunk in his nems mouth smh
Quick 10 gal wc to tired to go all out. Testing and pics tomorrow. The Kenya is larger than I've ever seen it. Height and width it's stupid big. Catch ya tomorrow for pics

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back