Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man. I am rooting for you! You starting slow with that cupramine? Do not count drops. Use a syringe. Do you have that hannah copper tester? Not me, I have a cupramine test. I am keeping a 40B for this kinda of emergency. Hope never to use it.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man. I am rooting for you! You starting slow with that cupramine? Do not count drops. Use a syringe. Do you have that hannah copper tester? Not me, I have a cupramine test. I am keeping a 40B for this kinda of emergency. Hope never to use it.
Thanks! Lesson learned on adding corals even if dipped! will go half speed on cupramine just to ensure mandy is good with it. From reading they are fine under cupramine but play it safe and take it to therapeutic a bit slower than instructions.
Fish are under a reef safe treatment now that has done well in buying me time for hospital tank to settle in. For testing using salifert. NOw the fun part of 2 weeks treatment then fallow :(

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Lesson learned on adding corals even if dipped! will go half speed on cupramine just to ensure mandy is good with it. From reading they are fine under cupramine but play it safe and take it to therapeutic a bit slower than instructions.
Fish are under a reef safe treatment now that has done well in buying me time for hospital tank to settle in. For testing using salifert. NOw the fun part of 2 weeks treatment then fallow :(
The big thing is learning to enjoy the different QT tanks. And did you catch what I said about not using drops? Or I guess I should ask if you have done this before?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a syringe for sure. I haven’t done it before but it was part of my reefing educational reading early on and refreshed now that it’s hit. Very upset with myself Being fully stocked having bought pre quarantined fish feeding healthy foods bio salts up etc then a stupid buy from a place I should have known better and I lost a fish. I’m thankful it’s just one so far but if my knee was healthier I’d kick my own behind! I appreciate tips and reminders from all you guys to do it right and keep me on course. Your all awesome with the good vibes tips and assistance #loveR2R.
On a separate note the polyplab medic came in 5 days after order but Polyplab refunded me all the shipping and apologized for the delay so happy for that.
Stay salty and hey Im gonna need some shared FTS shots dropped to see a reef with fish for a cpl months :) Stay Salty and safe my friends
Ps @Victoria M i briefly considered gluing some pvc Minnie Mouse style for qt but just got lazy :p

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site has been glitchy for me too. Go back and find 3 pages that didn't come up before.
I think your miracle thread is just breaking the internet :p 3 pages on your thread is like 5 minutes can happen while your replying;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
When’s film coming in btw? I’m nervous excited to see what your gonna do and how it comes together

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think your miracle thread is just breaking the internet :p 3 pages on your thread is like 5 minutes can happen while your replying;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
When’s film coming in btw? I’m nervous excited to see what your gonna do and how it comes together
Plain film is here. Iridescent bubble comes Monday. I'll be able to decide and get Kraken!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray your more than welcome for the backup. I know you would do it for me too. Sorry about the little one u lost.

Really sorry the canister leaked. It was running solid for an hour in my tub. :(

I dropped an arch from my sump into the QT to boost the bio capacity. Always on stand by for ur call bud if needed. Hang tough, you're doing all u can.

Hugs man.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries on canister I prolly didn't align it right and just didn't want to mess with it so always good to have back up stuff.
Appreciate the standby tank Hoping they can get along for treatment. we shall watch and see

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries on canister I prolly didn't align it right and just didn't want to mess with it so always good to have back up stuff.
Appreciate the standby tank Hoping they can get along for treatment. we shall watch and see
Love the possum avatar :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gutted :( CBB that ate from my hand last night ate at morning feeding by wife fine died at 10 am. No spots no outward signs of velvet that I am assuming it must be........ All fish going in copper as soon as I get home. dropping bio balls and a bit of rock from sump and getting copper rolling before another one goes south in the space of 3 hours.....
I held of yesterday to get test kits to confirm as all seemed good and clean
I have never felt this low in reefing he was my show piece point of pride to have him so fat and feeding from my hand Favorite little boss who for a peaceful fish took no crap from the others fed first pushing others outta way
So close to treating em and dumping em all to new homes and saying f this hobby right now I dont know when I be back posting need a mental holiday I think now

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gutted :( CBB that ate from my hand last night ate at morning feeding by wife fine died at 10 am. No spots no outward signs of velvet that I am assuming it must be........ All fish going in copper as soon as I get home. dropping bio balls and a bit of rock from sump and getting copper rolling before another one goes south in the space of 3 hours.....
I held of yesterday to get test kits to confirm as all seemed good and clean
I have never felt this low in reefing he was my show piece point of pride to have him so fat and feeding from my hand Favorite little boss who for a peaceful fish took no crap from the others fed first pushing others outta way
So close to treating em and dumping em all to new homes and saying f this hobby right now I dont know when I be back posting need a mental holiday I think now
hugs, Ray. Just so hard. so dang hard.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hugs, Ray. Just so hard. so dang hard.
Hello friends, I hadn’t planned on posting after the low I hit today but something happened that gave me a smile and #honestyinreefing a bit misty in the eye area.
I had forgot about a package from a friend coming in today. I opened it and it’s a swank acrylic seaweed clip that will keep my hands dry. Victoria M so kindly sent me her handiwork and I am grateful for the kind gift. I am more grateful for the simple note that made me a bit misty. Hello Friend Love Victoria...... a beautiful gesture to a virtual R2R friend. Virtual may be technically correct but it’s not the right word. Victoria and so many others have become folks I care about real friends wether we have met or not.
Victoria your note will be taped to my hospital tank a reminder of the friendship and support I’ve found here that will carry me thru make me a better reefer.
TY you all mean a lot to me

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Salty friends. Fish are in qt with low copper bringing it to full in another two days.
As expected it was a nightmare removing rocks and getting fish corralled to one side with a screen piece.
Lost in the adventure Possum Wrasse he rode a rock outta tank heard em flap put him back in water but must of injured himself wriggling out of rock when dry he was scraped up pretty bad :confused:
Tammarin Wrasse is mia no clue will see if he pops out in display his color makes him tough to see except tail against background.
Tanks a full blown mess frags in sand and rocks just jammed in Anemone of course walked ...
Let it settle maybe this weekend will get nem to detach and get scape redisgned.
Things aren’t pretty but this is the start of new beginning.
Pics and vid later at some point for now just not into it.
Going to miss him and our CBB
62D53B02-92E0-462B-A5CB-A7AA381BE246.jpeg
4DDF959E-B99F-47A3-87E7-824B4A9A08DF.jpeg
7F60AF33-5C41-451B-A58A-C2528FEB1F69.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back