Razor. Supplement lighting.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remodel of our TV room is near complete. For almost a year all my livestock has been in my basement in a temporary 55.

Now that I am almost complete with the reno I have been grinding in my mind about how to set my 90 (36x24x24) back up. I want to move away from MH and back to my Razor but I want to add supplement lighting.

Has anyone made this type of mod to a Razor before?

Should it be T5? Fixtures and bulb types? 50/50. Actinic?

LED?

I have access to a lot of metal working equipment and the frame will most likely be powder coated aluminum and mounting brackets would be no problem.

I have a general idea of what I want to do. I am just looking for advice on fixtures and spectrums.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some use leds, many use t5s with an led fixture. The bulbs you pick depend on what you are trying to accomplish. Better light for the inhabitants of the tank or better light for the people who are looking into the tank?

OP
OP
RichReef

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better light for the inhabitants of the tank or better light for the people who are looking into the tank?

The Razor does fine for the corals. I am looking for them to pop a little better. It's the one thing my Razor seems to lack compared to other LED fixtures. It's been a very long time since I used T5s and I'm just very unfamiliar with the bulb types.

Also unfamiliar with LED spectrums for coral pop.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO leds in the 400nm to 440nm make corals fluoresce better than t5 will. If you can find an led bar with royal blues and some UV's you'd be doing great!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back