Re doing aquasscape

  • Thread starter Thread starter raswank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

raswank

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Location
Auburn,Ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 12 years old. And I want to take out all the coral and put it in buckets and redo the aquascape with all the same rock. Just different set up, and also while doing this I want to rid my tank of a pistol shrimp/goby husbandry. Every morning I get up there are mound of dirt on my Lobo's and brains and it is starting to cause issues with them. So anything I should be concerened about if I do this? The rocks have been in the same place for 12 years. Also anybody want a Yellow Watchman Goby with what looks like a peppermint striped pistol shrimp?
 
You should be fine. I've moved my rocks around at about a year old and never had any issues. Obviously you want to keep it all from drying out or anything.
 
I agree, I think you will be fine. I downsized my tank,(from an 8 year old system) using the same rock and had no issues at all. You could add a little bio spiral as a precautionary measure but probably not necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new