Re-Recycling my tank?

myersb33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I set up two tanks around 2 months ago my main reef tank and a bio cube to do dwarf sea horses for my mom. I set them up without RODI water initially and have since done large changes in the reef tank but the small tank has been empty and cycling for over 2 months with this water. If I were to do a 100% change in the bio cube from dechlorinated to RODI would I then need to wait again for my cycling before it’s a suitable tank?

Thanks!

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the bacteria in the rocks/substrate not the water column. If your original water had copper or other metals in it, it will have leached into the rock which could pose an issue.

OP
OP
M

myersb33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the bacteria in the rocks/substrate not the water column. If your original water had copper or other metals in it, it will have leached into the rock which could pose an issue.
There’s no live rock as when I initially looked into seahorse care it said that fake things are better then live rock for them so it’s just sand and some bio balls in the back with the filtration

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no live rock as when I initially looked into seahorse care it said that fake things are better then live rock for them so it’s just sand and some bio balls in the back with the filtration

Either way, most of the bacteria needs a substrate to live on (bioballs and sand here) so changing all the water won't effect your cycle.

Back