OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i heard one of the largest retailers in my country say they stopped selling waterboxes because of the large number of issues people were having, and now they are only selling red sea. It’s an interesting, different perspective
That’s strange i know world wide coral has been having issues with shipping delays from WB but not any quality issues. I know they do not sell Red Sea because of the issues. It stinks that all companies are having some sort of issues

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard one of the largest retailers in my country say they stopped selling waterboxes because of the large number of issues people were having, and now they are only selling red sea. It’s an interesting, different perspective
what kind of issues were they having?

Flea78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months into hobby and suffered catastrophic failure with 350 g1. Granted it was 2nd hand but looked fine. Noticed lower front right had a cloudy look on silicone one evening. Early hours in morning awoke to sound of water :-(. Good news I somehow managed to save all livestock. I was on Red Sea facebook page, but any mention of issue was not posted :-(. I have now got g2 tank, which has thicker glass and black silicone. IMG_0875.jpeg IMG_0876.jpeg IMG_0877.jpeg

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel reefbuilders does a disservice to buyers only featuring red sea new editions and not any of this really important discussion of quality/service. RB should write a fair article about the breaks and the customer service to balance out their sales pitches for red sea. = a fair perspective

I'm sure Reefbuilders is happy to shill for whoever pays them. I highly doubt they care about the experience of anyone that has problems.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the g2 RedSea line better than the g1 are there any tank leaks still?
Yes the G2 is better than the G1. I have had no problems yet with my Red Sea G2. If you get one I would definitely get reef mat, that thing is amazing. I have had some problems with the Red Sea skimmer so I would recommend not getting that.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a G1 170 and a 300g2 both have been great. I was looking at the S 1000 but it just isn't the size I want. I want at least 8ft long and 30" deep and waterbox is the only company I can find that offers a complete system, tank, stand, sump and plumbing. I'll most likely end up going custom as I really would like a lower stand so I can work in the tank without standing on something.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I recommend you don't buy one is because red sea will cut you off from help if you need it. They do not help their leak tank owners, they offer to sell them replacement systems for high cost the reports in the thread show

An owner of a non leaking tank will claim they're fine, don't leak. An owner of a g2 with a seam split regrets their purchase, it's a a simple as that per the huge thread.
They replaced my G1 750XXL after it spring a leak with a brand new G2 - even though it was past 3 years (39 months) without any hassel. Not sure what you're talking about here. If you have the documentation, they should take care of you.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Directly asking reefbuilders to write warning articles alongside their many Red Sea sales articles only to have them ignore

Red Sea still appearing to be honorable after these reads?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer

You’re one of the lucky few. Read those threads to see what the majority gets, search time to find those took under two mins

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going to debate one ounce of effort regarding trust in Red Sea. Those threads speak volumes and there were thirty more available for post linking but those are enough.

Finally responding to pressure and helping you isn’t a step up for them it’s about two years too late, and they didn’t do anything preemptively for anyone even though this break data is there.

They could have reached out to g1 tank owners and changed their stuff ahead of the servepro visit. They have emails from all registered g1 warranty owners and could have saved those people thousands in damages cleanup and lost animals

Being thankful to Red Sea for an after the fact replacement from a tank they already knew was a risk long before you incurred damages is part of the issue.

They’re doing the bare minimum to preserve profits and article writers and bloggers who get comps from Red Sea, and don’t warn their readers, are complacent and part of this breakdown process.

Last edited:

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have. max S500, but these are built completely differently. I also have a G2 reefer, and I can easily see why these fail. Mine has not, but I will never in my life own another rimless that isn’t at a minimum eurobrace. Joe at GC is making a tank for me to consolidate 3 of my tanks into one. Euro with cross bracing. For RedSea, it’s all in the stand. My G2 reefer stand is a joke. 3 months and counting. I have a a couple stock tanks on hand just in case…

Back