Red Sea Max E-260 Build

bpseal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything about ATO with this tank or are you simply buying a third party one?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AIO doesn't come with an ATO; I bought a Pacific Sun Sentry and also use it to dose Kalk. Works fine

OP
OP
splix

splix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the tunze ato. Works well. I found a bin that fits under the cabinet that can hold 2 weeks worth of water.

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AIO doesn't come with an ATO; I bought a Pacific Sun Sentry and also use it to dose Kalk. Works fine

Could you post a pic of that set up? Super interested in the Red Sea AIOs. I have a couple of theoretical builds already mapped out, but really lacking on info on the 260 and accessories. Yours looks awesome.

ArtsyFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for the new e-260 with the new LED lighting to become available and I am buying this tank.
Do you still love it?
Any issues that came up we should be aware of?
Thank you!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for the new e-260 with the new LED lighting to become available and I am buying this tank.
Do you still love it?
Any issues that came up we should be aware of?
Thank you!
No problems at all. I have added two Skimz adjustable wave makers, an InTank media basket, a RS net top and random flow outlet pump nozzles and am now dosing two part to keep up with coral growth. Only issue is that skimmer doesn't disassemble and takes a little effort to clean, altho mine doesn't seem to need it. I imagine you'll enjoy this tank and I've read some positives about new leds. Good luck

Last edited:

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything about ATO with this tank or are you simply buying a third party one?
Don't think it comes with an ato unless something has changed with system in past year. Lot of good choices.

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my E260. I added the upgraded sump.

IMG_2698.JPG

ArtsyFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems at all. I have added two Skimz adjustable wave makers, an InTank media basket, a RS net top and random flow outlet pump nozzles and am now dosing two part to keep up with coral growth. Only issue is that skimmer doesn't disassemble and takes a little effort to clean, altho mine doesn't seem to need it. I imagine you'll enjoy this tank and I've read some positives about new leds. Good luck

Thank you so much for your fast reply; really appreciate your input. I am so excited to buying this tank soon.

I will post a build when it arrives.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this tank today. The booklet says there is an extra valve for the skimmer. Mine did not come with this extra valve, is this a big deal?

also, the sponges seem pre-cut. Am I to cut them fully in half and only use 1 at a time?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this tank today. The booklet says there is an extra valve for the skimmer. Mine did not come with this extra valve, is this a big deal?

also, the sponges seem pre-cut. Am I to cut them fully in half and only use 1 at a time?
I don't remember anything about an extra valve and for the AIO skimmer you don't need one. I cut my sponges in half to make room for filter floss pads I cut from a big sheet of InTank material.

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the sponge was cut so you could slide it in around the tubing of the return pump.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that's the case. I cut mine in half of their original height to accommodate filter floss which is easier to change out

Hollsj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi could you send me a link to where you purchased and which intank media basket you have please? As i am looking at going for a Red Sea E-260 AIO setup as well. Many thanks

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back