dankseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a red sea reefer 170 tank only for $250 CAD soon, the only thing is it comes with none of the plumbing, return nozzles, overflow strainers, sump or stand. This is okay with me, I can make a good stand, and I have a spare sump. The only thing is I have no idea how to do the plumbing inside the tank, right now the overflow has nothing in it and it has been blocked off. Can anyone tell me what I would need to replace all of these parts? Could i get all of the replacement parts from homedepot or would I need to contact red sea?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I have just been informed that the bulkheads have been removed. I dont know if this is worth it any more

Last edited:

FinsFan13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a red sea reefer 170 tank only for $250 CAD soon, the only thing is it comes with none of the plumbing, return nozzles, overflow strainers, sump or stand. This is okay with me, I can make a good stand, and I have a spare sump. The only thing is I have no idea how to do the plumbing inside the tank, right now the overflow has nothing in it and it has been blocked off. Can anyone tell me what I would need to replace all of these parts? Could i get all of the replacement parts from homedepot or would I need to contact red sea?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I have just been informed that the bulkheads have been removed. I dont know if this is worth it any more

It would probably be best to get all the parts directly from Red Sea, in order to avoid leaking, bad connections, etc. That being said, the price seems reasonable, as long as it’s in good condition

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back