Red Sea Reefer Questions ??

SaltwaterTanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys , so I’ve had multiple saltwater fish tanks for a while now and have always wanted a Red Sea reefer , if I got one it would probably be a 100 gallon. I do have one old model that’s only 30 gallons but it’s very old so there’s nothing new to it . I’m not sure if I really understand the setup of the new ones though? Is there a way I can learn more about it ? Is it hard to maintain and how often do you take care of it ? I want to understand all the pumps and filtration more. I also need recommendations on which tank since there are so many, if you have any. Thank you !:) if you have one is the tank worth it ?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you posted this twice so I'll answer it twice:

What specifically don't you understand about setting up the new tanks? It's straight forward with the manual they provide (see below) and youtube has a ton of videos on RS tanks all depending on what you're looking for. This community is also great if you have specifics on really anything we just need to know what you're looking for. Filtration and plumbing can be a huge topic so knowing specifics would help. Out of the box, you'll get everything you need for setting up the tank the one piece of equipment that you'll need to start out will be a return pump to move water back to the display.

For the 100g tank size in RS you'll want to take a look at the Reefer XL 525 (108g) or Peninsula 500 (105g) Keep in mind that this does not include the sump water volume. Waterbox would be my other recommendation for a tank they are the closest direct competitor to RS you'll want to look at the 130.4 (96.3g)

Let me know what specific questions you have I'm happy to help :)

Here are some links for you to start out your research:
Vivid does a series on RS 170 but the concepts are similar when it comes to the larger tank setup

Red Sea Tanks:
www.redseafish.com

Red Sea REEFER Rimless Reef Ready Systems for advanced hobbyists
Rimless reef-ready systems for advanced hobbyists
www.redseafish.com
www.redseafish.com

RS posts all of their manuals online here:
https://www.redseafish.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/REEFER-Series-manuals-all-models-1.pdf

Waterbox Aquariums:
waterboxaquariums.com

REEF
The most loved aquarium in the industry makes you fall in love again with aquatics. Utilizing the best in class features and size range.
waterboxaquariums.com
waterboxaquariums.com

Also try the supreme guide:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/

Back