RedSea ReefDose schedule pause

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone here can give me some tips from experience.

I had to do some large water changes to treat a bacteria bloom which resulted in elevated calcium levels as I use coral pro salt. (I’m currently reducing my parameters for a 2 part method I’m switching to)

In response I decided to pause my reefdose schedule to allow the calcium to drop down.

Today I’ve turned my schedule back on and the doser seems to be catching up with all the missed doses from the last 24hrs. I’ve stopped it again after it dumped a few mL of concentrated calcium solution into my tank.

Is there a way to prevent this happening?

I’ll also raise a case with RedSea

Cheers

OP
OP
TastyScrants

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve realised where I went wrong.

The cycle was splitting my daily dose across a day; because nothing had been dosed it was trying to dose everything before midnight (it’s currently 10pm in the UK).

I’ve now made a custom schedule by having to manually add 24 time points and the required dose. So it’ll pick up where it left off rather than dump in an entire day. This should give some redundancy if there’s any further “overdoses”. Probably got another 5 WCs left in my bucket of salt before I more to a different salt with lower parameters.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back