Reef Breeders LED Luminaire - Let the testing begin!

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Messages
3,162
Reaction score
7,457
Location
Dallas, Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received this light yesterday for testing purposes. This is the 48" model.
Many thanks to:
Jennifer and Doug Wanner of New Wave Aquaria
Ryan Snodgrass
Abhishek Dasgupta
Twin Cities Marine Aquarium Society

aRB.jpg
 
In first. At a glance this is the top contender among led units if I ever felt the inclination to ditch my metal halides and go all led. Interested to hear your thoughts. Adam at @Battlecorals results with them speak for themselves, though I’m quite eagerly anticipating your on “paper” breakdown of the spectrum and intensity
 
Is this the same as the Photon V2 or is this a different model ?
Very interested as this is on the short list of lights for my 120g build.
 
Is this the same as the Photon V2 or is this a different model ?
Very interested as this is on the short list of lights for my 120g build.

that is the photon v2. “Luminaire” is a generic term for a unit that emits light. Interchangeable with “light fixture”
 
It's probably the v2+. Of course Dana is gonna review this light a week after I already bought one
20200425_143029.jpg
 
Is this the same as the Photon V2 or is this a different model ?
Very interested as this is on the short list of lights for my 120g build.
The Reef Breeder website says the V2+ is the latest iteration, so I'm assuming it is an upgraded V2. Can anyone chime in here?
 
I believe the v2+ is the same as the v2 except it has better controls (nicer remote), and instead of ramping up and down on the hour it slowly fades to different colors
 
I found these to be nice lights. The only think I would add is a diffusor, ended up buying some off amazon and using with the photon and it really gives a nice look to my eye.
 
That was my second choice in lights, I had a photon v1 for about 5 years until it burned out. Interested to see what this can do. I still have been thinking about getting one for my frag tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new