Reef Cleaners Experiences

reef rambo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s dwarf n all….i have order earlier as well was very nicely packed n all were in decent size this time I hardly able to pick up with my nails…also coanch Cerith n trocas 2 came dead..now they said will refund I don’t need 2 5 $ refund just need proper packaging…bag wer loose rubber and broken….n almost 30 bag so many of them have no water at all

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The lack of water is normal. Snails don't need much water to live a couple days, and having them in very minimal water means they can't breathe in built-up ammonia.

How sure are you that those were dead and not just dormant? Did you do a smell test, and did you try putting them in your tank?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny to me when people think Reefcleaners wouldn't know how to optimally ship their livestock.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny to me when people think Reefcleaners wouldn't know how to optimally ship their livestock.
My only gripe on this is not shipping them as a live animal, I was shocked when my box came all beat up. Usps also gives priority to livestock shipments, but I guess I should reeeaaalllyy expect that with free shipping. My conch came dead from a 2 day delay, and my peppermint shrimps were disolved, but it was also hot, and the rest of my order was great, and it was a quick refund.

reef rambo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lack of water is normal. Snails don't need much water to live a couple days, and having them in very minimal water means they can't breathe in built-up ammonia.

How sure are you that those were dead and not just dormant? Did you do a smell test, and did you try putting them in your tank?
As I m in the hobby for long I know that…I did proper acclimation…after that I have put them in now if they didn’t move the place in 24hr it’s dead…its common coz snail always keep moving until they dead…

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only gripe was the more recent priority mail packaging is bags wrapped in a foil like padding. I think many years ago I've gotten styros for mail delivery. I had one shipment that took four or five days in that type of packaging which was partially dead. I did get a refund on the snails and the shipping I believe. It was only a $30 order, but when you want the product alive...

My most recent order l overnighted and came alive in a Styro box.

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a fairly large number of CuC items, and decided it probably would be best to get O/N. A gripe I had was that my order went through with 2-3 day, but they contacted me and told me I needed to go with the overnight. Considering the size of the order, the shipping cost was not ridiculous, and I couldn’t find that many snails in my LFS (120g tank’s worth). O/N also lets me get a conch and a nice bunch of trochus snails, which I really wanted.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only gripe was the more recent priority mail packaging is bags wrapped in a foil like padding. I think many years ago I've gotten styros for mail delivery. I had one shipment that took four or five days in that type of packaging which was partially dead. I did get a refund on the snails and the shipping I believe. It was only a $30 order, but when you want the product alive...

My most recent order l overnighted and came alive in a Styro box.
Yeah, my last priority shipment was also the insulated bag, which I'm fine with considering John is eating the increased shipping costs on the free delivery option.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always impressed by reefcleaners, ordered with free shipping last time. Took 3 days to get here, but everything was fine. Even the two small peppermint shrimp. Although not for long since they got eaten immediately after being put into the tank.

Cant imagine traveling 3 days in a bag to get eating by an anthias lol. I feel bad

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The paid overnight option exists if the free option isn't suitable.
I get in the local forums and organize a large purchase for a group. Among 4 people, that's only $11 o/n shipping which is worth it in my opinion. A couple of DOAs usually, but most of the time minor. At 6-7 people in the group we're looking at $6.50-$7.50 pp.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the free priority shipping offers from them, I try to find something I want that makes it worth the overnight shipping. They tried shipping me some peppermint shrimp multiple times priority and they kept ending up as soup. Re-ordered overnight and they were solid. If you're ordering weekly etc it's a bit pricey, but if you're establishing a CUC or looking for some specifics I think they are definitely the way to go. I order once or twice a year as some re-ups and always happy with the results.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the weather is getting more mild (in mid Atlantic region) I’m curious - in this seasonal weather are survival rates better for priority?

I’m getting ready to place a mid-size order, and the O/N would be a huge chunk of it… so a little reluctant to go that route.

/never ordered from them before, but most of the low survival events on here seem to be during very hot weather so wondering.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back