OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This video, I'll be showing you what has happened to my Reef Tank over the past month. I'll cover the growth of my corals and update you on my fish, invertabrates, and algae.

Please Subscribe if you enjoy my content. I work very hard on these videos and I’m trying to build a large community from nothing. It would make my day ;)

Another note: If you have watched my previous videos you may have noticed that I have decided to switch it up and change the music to some Lofi beats instead of classical. Tell me what you think of this music compared to the classical music I have been doing. I plan to do a mixture of both classical and lofi, and maybe some other genres of music.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely need to address what has been going on. For the past month or so, I was debating on whether or not I should keep my tank. There were so many negatives and I felt like the tank was too much for me in my life. So I was considering selling everything. During that time, things started to go on the decline. My torch coral bleached because of temperature, my corals were not showing the best of coloration because I wasn't on top of my care routine because I was so busy and not motivated, and I didn't address some of the small issues that happened during that time period. After long thoughts, I decided that selling my tank would not be profitable and reasonable because of the amount of time I have invested into it and the moments I do enjoy from it. As I started to get in the mindset of this thing is going to be gone, I realized how much I would miss having one. So I decided to keep it. The first move was to address all the issues that I had. Money. Gonna start cutting back on things that aren't needed and making things myself. Time. I'm only going to address the things that are important. There are too many things to worry about in this hobby and none of them are issues if they don't have a negative effect on the tank. I'm also going to dedicate a few minutes each day to admire my tank, which is something I need because I felt like all I do to the tank is maintenance. Temperature. The living room in my house has a very unstable temperature. I wanted to move it out of my living room because of this and the kids. Too much going on in there, so I decided to move it back to my room. The temperature has been insanely stable, not moving beyond .4 degrees. I will be posting videos on my Youtube channel in the upcoming weeks about everything. Trust me, a lot has changed. Commitments. I'm an insanely busy person and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on my tank 24/7. I'm finding more efficient ways to go about doing maintenance. This also ties into the things that I do need to address. So many things found on this forum make you want to stress about everything in this hobby when 80% of it isn't worth your time or energy. If you look at a lot of the successful reef tanks long-term, people don't worry about all the nitpicky things. They just let nature take its course and the rewards are so much greater. These are just a few of the issues I have been having. I'm taking a break from YouTube briefly because I don't have a ton of time for it, but when I come back, there are going to be a lot of changes. Here's the last video I made that I was unmotivated to post, but now that were back in it, here it is

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In this video, I add some corals I got from @AquaSD . I’ll show you how I go about adding new corals to my tank. I got several new corals to start filling up my reef tank. This is an honest review of AquaSD. Watch until the end to see a sneak peek of my next video. Everything is going to change so you do not want to miss. Please Subscribe and like if you enjoy my videos. It means a lot to me and shows me you want more content!
Disclaimer: I’m not sponsored by AquaSD and the corals in this video were bought with my own money.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you ever had to move your reef tank? Well, I have TWICE in the past 6 months. This should be the last time I have to move my tank, thankfully. If anyone has gone through the experience, they know it can be very stressing at times, and there’s a lot of things that could go wrong. But fortunately, both times, I had this operation planned out well and both moves were successful!

Also, it would make my Christmas and New Year if you could simply just watch my video at minimum. I spend around 6 hours filming and editing each of these videos and I am trying to gain more traffic. A like and Subscribe means a lot and shows me you are enjoying my content. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year.

Channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA

Join the discussion on R2R:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild ride in the first year it appears. Im
In the same boat my tank is only half a year old or a little more.
Oh it’s been a ride. It’s definitely been worth it though. I’ll be checking out your build thread to see what you’ve been up to!

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it’s been a ride. It’s definitely been worth it though. I’ll be checking out your build thread to see what you’ve been up to!
Thanks. I’ve had some good luck and some bad, I’ve lost a few coral and my clam and one fish(that came with ich from LFS) mushrooms doing ok, zoas doing good, I have a few things not happy due to dino and cyano outbreak I think I’ve almost beat it but it’s done some damage to my corals overall appearance/health. Im new to all this. Anyways nice videos keep up the good work( your about ready for a larger tank it appears, soon as some of those coral grow out it’s going to look nice and full)

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ve had some good luck and some bad, I’ve lost a few coral and my clam and one fish(that came with ich from LFS) mushrooms doing ok, zoas doing good, I have a few things not happy due to dino and cyano outbreak I think I’ve almost beat it but it’s done some damage to my corals overall appearance/health. Im new to all this. Anyways nice videos keep up the good work( your about ready for a larger tank it appears, soon as some of those coral grow out it’s going to look nice and full)
As you may have seen, I have had some struggles too. Bleached torch coral, upset xenia that won’t grow (surprising right), nitrate and stability issues (will be addressed in the next few videos). I can’t imagine me getting a bigger tank, but you know what they say, you’ll always upgrade. So who knows.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I recently stopped doing water changes. Let’s be honest, water changes are a big hassle, especially if you’re doing it weekly. As a reefer, I’m always looking for new, better, and more efficient ways to achieve my goals. I found that dosing is the best method for me to go about nutrient import and export. In this video, I’ll cover what I use for nutrient import and export, how I test and dose, some new challenges I have to faced because of this switch, some shocking news for those that have been following my videos, and how I keep my tank stable.
A view on my video means a lot to me. One view shows me that one person gave me time to relax and enjoy my content and hard work. I would really appreciate if you simply viewed this video, but if you want to show your support even further, I’d appreciate if you liked, subscribed, and left a comment.

Check out the other videos on my channel:

If you want, you can check out the thread for this video, but I do warn you, it has started getting into more of a big debate than contributing what everyone does for nutrient import/export:

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is my newest upload. It’s a 30 second YouTube Short of my new tiger conch snail, Carlos. My previous conch snail, Alberto, died recently and my sandbed has suffered ever since. I had a light dusting of cyano pop up (and now a Dino outbreak, but that was for different reasons), and I soon realized the importance of conch snails in my reef. I defeated the last phase of cyano several months back by deploying one of these conch snails. It’s easily one of the best purchases I have ever made. But I want to hear from you. How did you defeat the ugly phase? I included a poll for you can vote, and made it unlimited choices, because some people may have had multiple factors that ended your ugly phase.

I would appreciate if you gave my video a like, subscribed to my channel, and commented on my video. Let me know you came from R2R! My channel is really starting to get a lot of traction over the past few uploads, and I want to continue to push these uploads out to more and more reefers. The best way you can support my channel is simply viewing my videos. I spend many many hours making some of these videos, so I encourage you to check out some of my previous uploads! Trying to reach my goal of gaining 100 subscribers by the end of February, and it’d make my day if you express your support for I can continue to make these uploads for you guys!

Channel link:

Link to new discussion:

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
368EDDE4-3FB0-44E7-9360-E322CFAE6CA7.jpeg

I set up my tank 1 year ago. Been a great ride so far and I’m looking forward to seeing it grow out over the years.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I recently went through the dilemma of wanting to upgrade/modify my LEDs in my Biocube and keep the hood on. There are only a few alternatives, and they’re all expensive (most commonly Steve’s LEDs at a price of $400, which is not feasible or worth it for many reefers). I found a solution, 21LEDUSA.com ‘s ReefBars, at an amazing price of $50 after everything. These lights have made a drastic difference in color to my tank and achieve what I was looking for in new lights, more blue to tone down the whiteness of the Biocube lighting. I see way to many new Biocube reefers falling into the trap from Steve’s LED users to buy them, but there are frankly cheaper alternatives out there like these that provide the same results. I hope this video can help budget reefers like me have a stunning tank for cheap.
(Not saying Steve’s LED’s are terrible, they’re some great lights, just not for me).

What lighting do you use? There are thousands of different light brands out there and they’re all are unique. I have heard of some people running successful reef tanks with cheap, no name lighting and others that have run their tanks with some of the most expensive lighting options there are. They all seem to look different and unique. Share your pictures!

Like, Subscribe, and tell me you came from R2R! One view means a lot to me, because YouTube will help push my content out to other Reefers. I would appreciate if you, at minimum, gave me a view! Hoping to reach 100 subs by the end of the month! Here’s a link to my channel. Go subscribe!:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA/featured

Link to the video discussion:

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi everyone! Do you use a fish acclimation box before you introduce new fish/inhabitants to your reef tank? Let me know why or why not. In my latest video, I show you how I introduce my new clownfish, cleaner shrimp, conch snail, and other snails to my tank. I use acclimation box now because it reduces the initial aggression of adding a new fish and it sets the pecking order before things could potentially get bad, like it did with some of my other fish.

A view on my video means a lot to me. One view shows me that one person gave me time to relax and enjoy my content and hard work. I would really appreciate if you simply viewed this video, but if you want to show your support even further, I’d appreciate if you liked, subscribed, and left a comment.

Check out the other videos on my channel:

Link to new discussion:

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry y’all it’s been a while. Do you dose Nitrates and/or Phosphates? In this video, I’ll show you how I made myself Sodium Nitrate for my reef tank. Share why or why you don’t dose nitrates/phosphates?

Why I dosed nitrate:
When my nitrates bottomed out, ostreopsis dinos hit hard and killed some of my most valuable corals. To combat this, I had to increase nitrates. Long story short, my tank was running successfully at 0 nitrate for many months until I turned off the protein skimmer, let them raise, turned the skimmer back on, nitrates bottomed out and DINOS! Until recently, I didn’t know why nitrates were always 0. I thought this was the only solution. This did help me get out of Dinos, but I traced my nitrate issue to the frequency I was changing mg mechanical filtration! Would have never guessed! Poly-Fil sucks nitrates out like crazy. Now, I always keep a dirty one in there and nitrates stay at 10-15 ppm.

Have you ever had to dose nitrate and phosphate? Why do you dose it? Too raise levels? Coral growth? Share all below!

I’d also appreciate if you liked and subscribed. We’re almost to 100 subscribers!!: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA

Link to discussion: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/do-you-dose-nitrate-and-phosphate.903435/

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you been to a Reef before? I recently traveled to the Florida Keys and went to Looe Key Reef. It was the first reef I had ever been to. It was also my first experience scuba diving. In this video, I documented everything we saw. We saw all kinds of fish and corals, many of which I had seen before at stores. It was a great experience and I would recommend it for any reefer.

Sorry for the shaky footage and the watermark. If you enjoyed this video, if you could show your appreciation, a like and subscribe would be greatly appreciated. Also, check out my other videos on my reef tank here:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA/featured

Join the discussion here:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back