Reef Led 90 schedule question

BradUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Could you have a look at my schedule and provide any insight or recommendations please?

I have two ReefLed 90's over a Red Sea 425 XL. I keep a mixed reef with some Montiporas and I'd like to keep Acros one day. There's Duncans, mushrooms, GSP, an elegance a leather finger and some other bits along with the fish.

I've recently got a Goniopora and it has been closed for a week now so I'm wondering if lighting is the issue as my levels and flow seem fine.

Thanks everyone

Screenshot_20211017-141931_ReefBeat.jpg

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you’ve got a happy tank to corals and an unhappy Goni I wouldn’t adjust lighting risking all the healthy animals foe a Goni which is really hard to keep. Different people here have success with very varying parameters. But if it’s only been a week or so I’d give it tome then move the Goni. As foe the lighting it really depends on so much more. How high over the tank. How high the coral is in the tank. How close together the lights are. The only thing on your schedule that stands out to me is the moon setting is pretty high. The default on those lights is 10% but I’m not sure what effect that would have on animals. So my recommendation is wait it out a few more weeks then move the Goni if it’s still not happy as your lighting seems okay for so many more creatures. Don’t make them unhappy to play around with a notoriously difficult Goni. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

BradUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate,

I was a bit hesitant about altering the lighting to suit the latest addition after getting everything else happy.

Think I'll wait a bit and try and move the Goni

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Goni. One opened the first day and never again. I’ve moved it to various spots for a month or more and never a change. Think it will slowly die. Second had been happy and awesome from day one. Clearly my tank can handle them. Just one won’t wake up. Lazy coral. So They’re a mysterious coral. At least to me. There’s a number of threads here about people posting their recipe for success and it’s very varied. I hope it works out

OP
OP
B

BradUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Goni. One opened the first day and never again. I’ve moved it to various spots for a month or more and never a change. Think it will slowly die. Second had been happy and awesome from day one. Clearly my tank can handle them. Just one won’t wake up. Lazy coral. So They’re a mysterious coral. At least to me. There’s a number of threads here about people posting their recipe for success and it’s very varied. I hope it works out

From what I've read they do seem to be tricky to keep, I thought that as my SPS are all now growing I'd give them a shot!

All of the heads look to be in fine condition, it just won't open up. I'll give it some more time then start to move it around to try and find a sweet spot for it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back