Reef Mat 1200 install flow problem

bob2307yahoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
15
Location
Atlanta, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a reef mat 1200 for my 320 gal display tank and I am using a seamless sump. Installation went well and really no big issues. I do have a problem with flow. The red sea website says you can run 2300 gph through it but I am having troubles at 800 gph. I don't think that with a gravity feed you can run much more through a 1" line. I have a COR15 and a COR 20 for returns and have had to turn them way down otherwise my overflow box fills and starts draining through the emergency overflow. Its a bean animal 3 outlet overflow.
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Here is a pic of the sump with the reef Mat.

As far as fleece use I am using 1 roll per 8 -10 days but the first one lasted 5 days. So I think as the water clears, and I can definitely see a difference, they will last longer.

Thanks for you help.


reef mat.jpg
 
I have 3 Reef mats and 2 COR pumps and can tell you no way can I run my pumps above 30% without a overflow happening.
I even discarded the convoluted tube and also switched from standard 1” pvc to the larger ID Eshopps red stuff and to no avail.
Heck I even hard plumbed directly. IMO I can’t figure out how to get the claimed flow
 
I have a ticket in with them and will pass on what they say. Thanks for the comment
 
What is that Y contraption that looks like its on the drain line right before it enters the reefmat?
 
What is that Y contraption that looks like its on the drain line right before it enters the reefmat?
Its a WYE connector. I have 2 1 1/2". I use an animal bean overflow so have 3 returns. 2 are live and 1 is an emergency overflow. The Y connects the 2 active overflows.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new