reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

noob again

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally finished setting up reef-pi, I an running a MH/T5 light setup, so I didn't have a need for pwm at the moment but I am running the lights on times built into reef-pi. I have currently 13 outlets controlled with the ability to run 16 if i can think of 3 more things to setup. I currently have 3 MH's, T5s, 2 heaters, return pump, skimmer, fuge light, fan, ato pump and 2 pumps for a wave maker. I think I may have found a bug or two.
1. In the macro, if I try to have a piece of equipment wait the default is set to 10 seconds, if you delete the time the system enters NaN, this cannot be changed to a new number. The only way to get past I found was to then delete the wait line and re add it and edit the time (ie change 1 to 6 and leave 0) to get 60 seconds.
2. After I added 8 equipments the next one would just duplicate the previous one. I would have to then edit the item and change the name and connector to the correct item and instance I wanted. (If the last thing I added was T5 lights, when I went in to add ato, after I hit save it would change to T5, so there would be a duplicate. I would edit one to change it to ato and it would then save correctly.) This seemed to happened on all after the 8th one. I am running alpha-0.
Here are a few pictures, the only making thing left is to finish securing the relay boards down.
6b5c7a6373b25b025757c438d1389f3d.jpg
63cb1f8dae8d1ec482468b8154d615c0.jpg
f194c2e291ad3c2b103000d356ded825.jpg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know a way to configure reef-pi to control multiple heaters without chaining them on a power strip? I have 2 relay strips that are plugged into different circuits...
I currently have 6 heaters in my tank, with 2 on a single power strip, 3 always on (with internal thermostat), and 1 that I plug in manually when it gets colder in the house. Ideally, I'd like to be able to control them individually, and it would be even better for me if I could set individual temperature thresholds so the extras come on if the others can't keep the temperature up.
You could use three sensors, and control two heaters with each of them as well, setting up a staggered heating/cooling setup.
Currently reef-pi does not allow multiple equipment on/off . We can allow multiple equipment on/off as well as multiple threshold based triggers (or even macro as target on/off mechanism), but I worry it will make things significantly complicated. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally finished setting up reef-pi, I an running a MH/T5 light setup, so I didn't have a need for pwm at the moment but I am running the lights on times built into reef-pi. I have currently 13 outlets controlled with the ability to run 16 if i can think of 3 more things to setup. I currently have 3 MH's, T5s, 2 heaters, return pump, skimmer, fuge light, fan, ato pump and 2 pumps for a wave maker. I think I may have found a bug or two.
1. In the macro, if I try to have a piece of equipment wait the default is set to 10 seconds, if you delete the time the system enters NaN, this cannot be changed to a new number. The only way to get past I found was to then delete the wait line and re add it and edit the time (ie change 1 to 6 and leave 0) to get 60 seconds.
2. After I added 8 equipments the next one would just duplicate the previous one. I would have to then edit the item and change the name and connector to the correct item and instance I wanted. (If the last thing I added was T5 lights, when I went in to add ato, after I hit save it would change to T5, so there would be a duplicate. I would edit one to change it to ato and it would then save correctly.) This seemed to happened on all after the 8th one. I am running alpha-0.
Here are a few pictures, the only making thing left is to finish securing the relay boards down.
6b5c7a6373b25b025757c438d1389f3d.jpg
63cb1f8dae8d1ec482468b8154d615c0.jpg
f194c2e291ad3c2b103000d356ded825.jpg
Thank you for trying out reef-pi and taking the time to write this thorough feedback.
The first issue is related to input validation in the UI. Currently, we are actively fixing those issues across temperature/ato/configuration UIs. We are still not there with Macro UI yet, I expect that to happen next month. @Michael Lane already did a tonne of work around this (input validation on client side).
On the second issue, I think we have fixed it recently and will be out in next release. If it still persists, do let us know, we'll address that as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefers,
I am happy to announce immediate availability of a release candidate for reef-pi, rc0
As anticipated, this release contains primarily bugfixes, several UI improvements and no new features. But before I enlist the release highlights, join me congratulating @Michael Lane and @Zekth as fellow reef-pi maintainers. They have spearheaded the bulk of UI improvements in this release.Thank you guys,

Here is the highlight of this release:

Improvements:
  • Sidebar navigation on mobile (responsive)
  • Log subsystem load failures as errors
  • Show current temperature, ph in charts
  • Session-based authentication instead of local storage
Bugfixes:
  • Fix equipment state during updates from UI
  • Client-side validation for lighting UI
  • Client-side validation of equipment UI (and responsive updates)
  • Fix temperature usage chart when cooler/heater is not set
  • i2c failures should not crash reef-pi daemon
  • Newly created lights dont have profiles associated with individual channels
  • Fix adafruit.io integration across modules
  • Fix diurnal cycle logic when time ranges across midnight boundary
Chores:
  • Upgrade vulnerable npm packages

Release builds can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc0

rc-0 screenshot
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 9.21.50 AM.png

sjeff35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefers,
I am happy to announce immediate availability of a release candidate for reef-pi, rc0
As anticipated, this release contains primarily bugfixes, several UI improvements and no new features. But before I enlist the release highlights, join me congratulating @Michael Lane and @Zekth as fellow reef-pi maintainers. They have spearheaded the bulk of UI improvements in this release.Thank you guys,

Here is the highlight of this release:

Improvements:
  • Sidebar navigation on mobile (responsive)
  • Log subsystem load failures as errors
  • Show current temperature, ph in charts
  • Session-based authentication instead of local storage
Bugfixes:
  • Fix equipment state during updates from UI
  • Client-side validation for lighting UI
  • Client-side validation of equipment UI (and responsive updates)
  • Fix temperature usage chart when cooler/heater is not set
  • i2c failures should not crash reef-pi daemon
  • Newly created lights dont have profiles associated with individual channels
  • Fix adafruit.io integration across modules
  • Fix diurnal cycle logic when time ranges across midnight boundary
Chores:
  • Upgrade vulnerable npm packages

Release builds can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc0

rc-0 screenshot
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 9.21.50 AM.png

Awesome!!! Will download and test out!

Thanks

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ranjib unauthorized.

Screenshot from 2018-09-17 06-34-11.png
oops. sorry I gave wrong commands (and the docs need updates). We have recently revamped the auth (for better) to use cookies, try this:
Code:
curl -X POST -d '{"user":"reef-pi","password":"reef-pi"}'  -c cookie http://localhost:8080/auth/signin
Update the command with appropriate username and password for your build. This will sign you in and save your credential cookie in the "cookie" file, we can then use it to make subsequent API calls. Like this
Code:
curl -b cookie  -c cookie http://<reef-pi IP>/api/capabilities
does this work?

Anyway.. since you are getting unauthorized response, it means reef-pi is running at least (hence responding unauthorized), make sure you are using the right IP in your browser

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I really like the new look of the UI. It's coming together in a big way.

On another note, it looks like my photoelectric liquid level sensor (FS IR02) has failed on me so I was lookin at the local vendors that sell this stuff here and I saw that they had this :-

https://www.netram.co.za/3362-gravity-non-contact-liquid-level-sensor.html

Does anyone know if it will work with Reef-Pi? I really like the idea that it's not in contact with the water. Would be great to just stick on the outside of the sump.

Thanks in advance guys.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I really like the new look of the UI. It's coming together in a big way.

On another note, it looks like my photoelectric liquid level sensor (FS IR02) has failed on me so I was lookin at the local vendors that sell this stuff here and I saw that they had this :-

https://www.netram.co.za/3362-gravity-non-contact-liquid-level-sensor.html

Does anyone know if it will work with Reef-Pi? I really like the idea that it's not in contact with the water. Would be great to just stick on the outside of the sump.

Thanks in advance guys.
I believe it looks compatible based on the sample arduino code. It seems to just act as a digital input. Pretry neat. I'll check it out on more detail in a few hours.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back