reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I really like the new look of the UI. It's coming together in a big way.

On another note, it looks like my photoelectric liquid level sensor (FS IR02) has failed on me so I was lookin at the local vendors that sell this stuff here and I saw that they had this :-

https://www.netram.co.za/3362-gravity-non-contact-liquid-level-sensor.html

Does anyone know if it will work with Reef-Pi? I really like the idea that it's not in contact with the water. Would be great to just stick on the outside of the sump.

Thanks in advance guys.

I just ordered a few from ebay, less than $5. Skipping the dfrobot board, but it looks like it is just a few capacitors.
I'll try them out when they get here in a month.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192225891215

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib
JFYI, I just stumbled across this relay, not sure if you're already familiar with it. Seems like it could be used in reef-pi builds.

https://dlidirect.com/products/iot-power-relay
I have seen this. I have couple of single outlet variant like this. I think these are bit more costly compared to the American dj sr p8, but they are good for high current workload .
There are dual outlet variants as well.
I find their screw terminal based control wires bit weird :)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a few from ebay, less than $5. Skipping the dfrobot board, but it looks like it is just a few capacitors.
I'll try them out when they get here in a month.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192225891215
I think dfrobot has dropped price as well (strange given all the trade war going) .

I think if we can convince one of these manufacturers to tune these parts for reef-pi and bulk order them, then we’ll save a lot of money. These sensors should not be more than 5-7$ each

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib,. Just fyi, for my ato have a simple float switch. Nothing digital.
A float switch acts like a digital input device. i.e it can either be on or off. Temperature sensors, ph sensors are examples of analogs inputs (i.e. their value can be anything within a range).

wykat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so finally my PCB's arrived (not from JLC...). Will test them tomorrow :) Oven is upgraded and working, solder paste dispenser is working but needs tuning :D
Finally got PCBs from PCBWAY.
JLC... claimed to have shipped PCB's with stencil but have no proof and stencil package couldn't have included PCB's as they claim. Trying to get my money back from JLC.... but they refuse :mad:

PCBWAY hat more questions (correctly), but delivered as promised. Next step to a reef :cool:

Cookiethief1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib .

I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work !

Your project has inspired me to build the reef-pi myself.

Currently it is setup to control temperature and time my equipment.

I wish to build the PH circuit next, am I correct in stating that currently the atlas probe is the only one supported by reef-pi ?

Is it possible to setup control for this monitor aswell ? To dose ph up and down ?

All the best.

Dan.

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so finally my PCB's arrived (not from JLC...). Will test them tomorrow :) Oven is upgraded and working, solder paste dispenser is working but needs tuning :D
JLC... claimed to have shipped PCB's with stencil but have no proof and stencil package couldn't have included PCB's as they claim. Trying to get my money back from JLC.... but they refuse :mad:

PCBWAY hat more questions (correctly), but delivered as promised. Next step to a reef :cool:

Man Wykat, you're not having much luck with these components :/

Glad they finally arrived though, keen to hear how you go with testing!

janos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,Ranjib i try and not working ,http://localhost.192.168.1.14

Screenshot from 2018-09-18 09-36-41.png

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib .

I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work !

Your project has inspired me to build the reef-pi myself.

Currently it is setup to control temperature and time my equipment.

I wish to build the PH circuit next, am I correct in stating that currently the atlas probe is the only one supported by reef-pi ?

Is it possible to setup control for this monitor aswell ? To dose ph up and down ?

All the best.

Dan.
Thank you for considering reef-pi and a warm welcome to reef2reef. You'll love it here.
You are right, currently reef-pi only supports atlas scientific ph kit (Ezo circuit). reef-pi only requires the ezo circuit, i think you can use that circuit with other ph probe as well (like brs double junction pH probe), but I have never tried it.
Currently reef-pi can only monitor pH and automate dosing based on timers (i.e. periodically), these two modules are not connected yet (i.e. dosing pump cant be triggered if ph is up or down beyond a threshold. But this is something I plan to add after 2.0 release. I expect a general mechanism to either control dosing pump or any equipment (CO2 for calcium reactor) based on pH readings, similar to temperature. So.. couple of months at least..

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad to hear you are slowly making progress in sourcing these pcbs :)

janos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not understand one RPI is working and the second one can not connect? one IP 192.168.1.13 working and second is 192.168.1.14 is not connect

Screenshot from 2018-09-18 12-20-07.png

Back