reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

janos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,could someone to tell me why one of the Reef-pi have port 80,22 open and the second one only port 22. Thank you

Screenshot from 2018-09-23 12-25-17.png

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you read on this programming on a different Outlet? Do you think the problem could be a relay sticking? What sort of relays are you using? What type of pump are you using?

It's definitely not a relay sticking. When the ATO is enabled, the relay comes on and stays on regardless. When ATo is disabled, I can turn the ATO Pump on and off manually or with a Macro no problem.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,could someone to tell me why one of the Reef-pi have port 80,22 open and the second one only port 22. Thank you

Screenshot from 2018-09-23 12-25-17.png
It means that in one of the pi only ssh is running (port 22) while on the other both reef-pi (port 80) and ssh (port 22) is running.
In next release , I am going to update reef-pi default configuration to listen to all interfaces , which should solve your issue

janos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Ranjib one is running on my tank so am not in the hurry.Just try to understand.Could i somewhere overwrite my second pi to open port 80?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question @Ranjib, does the 8ch relay power pack for sc-8 on amazon replace the mechanical relays and plugs?
Yes, it replaces all ac components (relay and sockets). It uses the same inside (relay and socket) it’s own housing .
Did I answer your question?

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it replaces all ac components (relay and sockets). It uses the same inside (relay and socket) it’s own housing .
Did I answer your question?

Yes you did! Next question is how to integrate it into the reef-pi. I believe this comes with a db-9 port of some kind? Is there a special pin-out for this?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it as my way to keep my own hands off from my tanks :) , while still be involved heavily in reefing.
There are other folks who are now doing bulk of the coding (@Michael Lane & @Zekth )

Well, I'm getting close to plumbing my tank, so I'd like to get this all done so I can install the probes before I add water. This project is amazing, and it's giving me something else to do with my hands as well, so I appreciate everyone involved in this.

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered those a couple of days ago. I shared them on FB. Thanks Ranjib!
Thank you :)
I plan to write a full series, this is the third one, at least five more to come (ato, lighting, ph, doser and finally AIO) leading up to Thankgiving, when final 2.0 release will happen. Should be fun :)

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :)
I plan to write a full series, this is the third one, at least five more to come (ato, lighting, ph, doser and finally AIO) leading up to Thankgiving, when final 2.0 release will happen. Should be fun :)
I found some previous info on the ATO, and that was one of the first things i planned on integrating.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to start to playing with some break outs for jebao pump hook up. Something that marries the 24v power to a pwm signal that then connects right to the jebao connector. Use the jebao power supply.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to start to playing with some break outs for jebao pump hook up. Something that marries the 24v power to a pwm signal that then connects right to the jebao connector. Use the jebao power supply.
You should be able to use any logic level powermosfet to control 24V volt with 5v pwm signal. I do the same for my moonlight. I think i have shared the circuit image in past, i can post it again if you need

sector9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some additional info about the dimming circuits that I installed in my SB reef lights

I used the circuit from @Ryan115 from this post reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Here is a picture of my circuit. My perfboard doesn't have any traces on it so all the wiring was point to point on the backside (connections on back of board are in red below). The advantage of using the specific connectors listed below is that you don't have to cut any wires on the SB reef light black box so it is trivial to back to stock (if you have a different black box, I recommend opening your light to find out what type of connectors you will need before ordering!)

breadboard traces labels.jpg

Parts list:
2 NPN transistors (I used 2N2222A transistors)
2 LM7810 voltage regulators
2 3-pin JST XH (2.5mm pitch) male connectors
1 2-pin JST SM (2.5mm pitch) male connector
2 1k ohm resistors
2 10k ohm resistors
1 solderable perfboard
A three wire input connector of your choice to connect PWM from the PCA9685 on Reef-pi to the dimming circuit. I used Ethernet cable and JST connectors but other people use headphone cable and jacks

I made a video to help explain more about the circuit, wiring, and functionality

breadboard traces.jpg

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back