Reef-Pi Controllers: New all-in-one with power bar, and the original Pico

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus Appreciate your hard work. I'm a newbie here. I have got a pico board and components though there are expensive due to the chips shortage. but I really love your design. now I got some problems while I try to run this pico board with RP Zero w running reef-pi of Ver 5.1. I can't enable the SMC Staus RGB_LED and Beeper works. and can't detect the RTC device. I use the commands below to try to activate them.

i2cset -y 1 0x75 0x1 #Respond Error:Write failed
i2cset -y 1 0x75 0x2 #Respond Error:Write failed

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Any help is much appreciated.
Sorry for my poor English.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus Appreciate your hard work. I'm a newbie here. I have got a pico board and components though there are expensive due to the chips shortage. but I really love your design. now I got some problems while I try to run this pico board with RP Zero w running reef-pi of Ver 5.1. I can't enable the SMC Staus RGB_LED and Beeper works. and can't detect the RTC device. I use the commands below to try to activate them.

i2cset -y 1 0x75 0x1 #Respond Error:Write failed
i2cset -y 1 0x75 0x2 #Respond Error:Write failed

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Any help is much appreciated.
Sorry for my poor English.

One quick check, do you have the following lines in /boot/config.txt?

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One quick check, do you have the following lines in /boot/config.txt?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I confirmed that I had added those lines into the config.txt. I checked each U3 and U16 component I got 5V and 3.01V. And U12 component of ADM 3260A chip @pin12=0.45V , @pin17=0.45V ,@pin4= 3.03V,@pin9=4.99V Is that normal?

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I confirmed that I had added those lines into the config.txt. I checked each U3 and U16 component I got 5V and 3.01V. And U12 component of ADM 3260A chip @pin12=0.45V , @pin17=0.45V ,@pin4= 3.03V,@pin9=4.99V Is that normal?

Good check, and not normal. The isolated side of the converter should be at approximately 3V. U3 and U16 are identical regulators and should both output 3.3V from 5V. 3V is fine, but low which is suspicious (but won't prevent anything from starting). The ADM3260 not pulling up the I2C signals is probably dragging down the bus, though I don't remember what happens if the secondary side of the isolator is not powered up correctly.

Since I haven't sold one of these boards for awhile, perhaps something is dragging down the power rails or other inputs (not sure how clean the board is, salt spray, etc etc).

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
Good check, and not normal. The isolated side of the converter should be at approximately 3V. U3 and U16 are identical regulators and should both output 3.3V from 5V. 3V is fine, but low which is suspicious (but won't prevent anything from starting). The ADM3260 not pulling up the I2C signals is probably dragging down the bus, though I don't remember what happens if the secondary side of the isolator is not powered up correctly.

Since I haven't sold one of these boards for awhile, perhaps something is dragging down the power rails or other inputs (not sure how clean the board is, salt spray, etc etc).
Maybe I set an incorrect capacitor @C34, C36. I try hard to figure it out. Thank you very much.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th

Maybe I set an incorrect capacitor @C34, C36. I try hard to figure it out. Thank you very much.

I didn't realize you built from scratch :)

The ADM3260 can be sensitive, but its been pretty bullet proof for me. Depending on the stencil used, the SAMD10/11s are a bit risky to form solder bridges under them, which maybe is shorting the isolated power rail?.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know but it sounds like something happened to ADM3260 if the output voltages aren't correct. When I first made up my pH circuit I used this part but had lots of problems mounting it, almost 50% of them wouldn't work and if I remember correctly the output voltages did similar. I'm pretty good with soldering so this was very discouraging and to this day don't know why I had so many problems. Needless to say I ditched that part for ISO1540DR and RFM-0505 and haven't looked back.

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you. I had re-solder the SAMD10 and ADM3260 now correct the side voltage. But I still can't enable the SMC_LED and beeper to work. I have another question that is the reef-pi VER5.1 include the SMC and ph device firmware? Or should I reinstall the Raspberry Pi OS and reef-pi 5.1?
I don't know but it sounds like something happened to ADM3260 if the output voltages aren't correct. When I first made up my pH circuit I used this part but had lots of problems mounting it, almost 50% of them wouldn't work and if I remember correctly the output voltages did similar. I'm pretty good with soldering so this was very discouraging and to this day don't know why I had so many problems. Needless to say I ditched that part for ISO1540DR and RFM-0505 and haven't looked back.
That's great share, your experience is very usefull for me.Thanks.

diegolo8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello group, I want to print the card with enable on the JLCPBC page but it asks me for the BOM and pick and place files in ccv or xls format. I currently do not have the Altium program to be able to open the file and generate them on my own.

Does anyone have Altium and help me build them?

I would appreciate it

greetings

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello group, I want to print the card with enable on the JLCPBC page but it asks me for the BOM and pick and place files in ccv or xls format. I currently do not have the Altium program to be able to open the file and generate them on my own.

I would appreciate it

greetings

I can absolutely generate one. Note that there are some parts which are already EOL so this may be hard to manufacture completely.

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Theatrus, How are you these days? It has been a long time since the last time I came here. I really can't forget your beautiful pico_board design. So suddenly I choked myself I found didn't program the firmware of ATSAMD10D14A-MUT. I'm new to burning firmware of ATSAMD10D14A-MUT-QFN24, Can you guide me to do this with the Jlink-OB program tool, in the care of both the two ATSAMD10D14A-MUT MCUs have been sold on the pico-board.Thanks very much.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Theatrus, How are you these days? It has been a long time since the last time I came here. I really can't forget your beautiful pico_board design. So suddenly I choked myself I found didn't program the firmware of ATSAMD10D14A-MUT. I'm new to burning firmware of ATSAMD10D14A-MUT-QFN24, Can you guide me to do this with the Jlink-OB program tool, in the care of both the two ATSAMD10D14A-MUT MCUs have been sold on the pico-board.Thanks very much.
Hi!

I realized I never publish binary versions of the firmware, so first off, here are some direct programmable files:

These were programmed using a Segger JLink in SWD mode, using a Tag Connect adapter: https://www.tag-connect.com/product...-10-pin-micro-connector-for-cortex-processors

You can use any SWD programmer (Black Magic Probe, etc) as long as it works with Atmel/Microchip processors. A lot of the SAMD development boards have a Segger JLink on board you can use and are probably the cheaper way to go.

If you're willing to solder some wires to the pads of the tag connect you can also avoid needing that cable adapter.

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I realized I never publish binary versions of the firmware, so first off, here are some direct programmable files:

These were programmed using a Segger JLink in SWD mode, using a Tag Connect adapter: https://www.tag-connect.com/product...-10-pin-micro-connector-for-cortex-processors

You can use any SWD programmer (Black Magic Probe, etc) as long as it works with Atmel/Microchip processors. A lot of the SAMD development boards have a Segger JLink on board you can use and are probably the cheaper way to go.

If you're willing to solder some wires to the pads of the tag connect you can also avoid needing that cable adapter.
Thank you very much!
I didn't notice until now that you left the 6pins burn-in ports, that's a brilliant design! The TC2030-CTX-NL programming cable is expensive, I will DIY one from the 1.27mmIDC 2*3 pins connector and hope it will work. Tanks again.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!
I didn't notice until now that you left the 6pins burn-in ports, that's a brilliant design! The TC2030-CTX-NL programming cable is expensive, I will DIY one from the 1.27mmIDC 2*3 pins connector and hope it will work. Tanks again.

Spring pins should work just fine - the pitch is pretty close but not impossible. Good luck :)

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spring pins should work just fine - the pitch is pretty close but not impossible. Good luck :)
I really made it, almost in the cheapest way.:D
The DAP-Link programmer adapter only costs about 1$USD. And The programming cable costs about 2 $USD.
It takes a few days to be finished, but I really feel very happy. Thanks for all your help.
微信图片_20231124235603.jpg
微信图片_20231124233102.jpg
微信图片_20231124233148.jpg
微信图片_20231124233154.jpg
微信图片_20231124234928.png
微信图片_20231124233214.jpg
微信图片_20231124233241.jpg
微信图片编辑_20231125002606.jpg
微信图片编辑_20231125002658.jpg

affoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would appreciate it

greetings
I assume you wanna build the pico_board PCB designed by Mr. Theatrus, right? The BOM is listed in the reefpi_pico_v2.pdf. Check it out from the GitHub repo. Hope this is helpful for you.

Back