Reef Ready 90 Gallon - Overflow Plumbing Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ric878
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ric878

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
Location
Naperville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a reef-ready 90 gallon which has the overflow in the back right corner. Inside the overflow, there are two pre-plumbed holes, a one-inch and a 3/4 inch. I assume the original intent was to use the one inch as the stand pipe and the 3/4 was the return. I of course am concerned with not having any redundancy in the overflow to the sump. I figured I would use both in a Herbie setup and then run a length of PVC up the back for the return.

Questions:
Does this seem like the right course of action?
Which of the two existing holes should I use as the primary? The one inch or the 3/4 inch?
Any other ideas or alternatives I should be considering?

Thanks,
Ric
 
I think you're on the right path. I'd use the 1" as the primary and the 3/4" as the secondary.
 
Would it make sense to use an adapter to increase the 3/4 inch bulkhead to one inch? Would that create a bit more pressure?
 
I would use the 3/4" as the primary and the 1" as the secondary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new