Reef Safe 3D Printing Filament

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody happen to have or know where to get a file to print a nem guard for a Neptune WAV pump? I found already printed ones on Etsy but would like to print my own

try thangs.com

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used them a couple of times. What I noticed was, they are wound badly after about 1/2 a roll. I really did like the print results up to that point. It was a year between purchases and same issue so I tend to believe they haven't fixed it.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had luck with Microcenter (aka Inland-branded) filaments?

Whooops! I forgot to reply.

BTW, check out American Filament. They are local to me and I just printed with three different colors of theirs over the holidays. FANTASTIC!

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone used Prusament ASA? I don't have any ABS on hand and recently noticed that my CaRx silencer that I made literally melted/warped/degraded/brittle. So I took it out and want to print it again with a better plastic, I think I used pla, maybe petg.

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Prusament ASA? I don't have any ABS on hand and recently noticed that my CaRx silencer that I made literally melted/warped/degraded/brittle. So I took it out and want to print it again with a better plastic, I think I used pla, maybe petg.
Are you asking if ASA is reef safe? Or are you asking if Prusament ASA is a good filament?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not used it yet, but according to all the info I can find, ASA seems like a good fit for a marine environment.

Prusament PetG holds up well in a marine environment. Prints easy, as well.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KVP ABS is by far the best quality ABS on the market.

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the Microcenter InLand PLA+ filement reef safe???
I hae googled the crap out this question and can only get split opinions. At the end of the day PETG is considered reef safe. So I'm buying that going forward. Here is another great question. What is the PETG+ and what "enhancements" do they put in it? No one knows that either. I'm worried it's like silicone. Some silicones add "mold inhibitors" so that makes it not reef safe. 100% silicone is but its a pain in the rear to get straight answers from anyone.

Kuhmens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Amazon basic PLA white in my tank for a year and half. No ill effects, I also do monthly ICP tests and have not seen any traces of toxins, no abnormal levels of silicate. I actually had to dose silicate to drown out dinos.

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Amazon basic PLA white in my tank for a year and half. No ill effects, I also do monthly ICP tests and have not seen any traces of toxins, no abnormal levels of silicate. I actually had to dose silicate to drown out dinos.
Interesting. No deformation or anything?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back