JustenT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m setting up a 25 gallon cube reef, found one with a sump and stand for a crisp 100. I was wondering what kind of salt should I buy? Along with lighting? I want a mixed reef. Would a AI prime hd be okay? It 19(in) tall. Also Red Sea salt? Or fritz? I want something that will mix super easy! Also something that will be good for a reef!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi imo light ok,salt is salt,keep us posted on the build

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
mixed REEEF = Go with tropic Marin actif. I have 3 mixed reef tanks and although it costs a little more, will dissolve easily and give you more bang for the buck.
If too pricey, I recommend either Reef crystals , red sea coral pro or seachem salinity

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has a different salt they use. What ever salt you do end up picking. Stay true to it and don’t change. They all can have great results! Personally I would go with Reef Crystals, but from the options you gave Fritz will be best.

23Andy23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like fritz and a prime should work for ya as long as you aren't wanting high light corals

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used plain old Instant Ocean, but the new packaging bags mean that the salt is always a brick or clumpy when I need to use it. Also, it does not dissolve as completely as it used to.

I read somewhere that one the salt products mixes up with a 7.7-8 dKH. I'm interested in trying that one since that's the same alkalinity I target in my tank, but I cannot remember which one that was? Is it Brightwell Aquatics?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back