Reefbreeder Photon V2 Settings

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a par meter to test yet. I have mine set on an ab+ type schedule. All blues and violet on 80% rest are 20% 4 hrs a day. I am thinking about upping my Whit's and lowering my reds to not produce as much red when upping the Whit's. If I remember in Dana review the whites are pretty red in spectrum so to balance the red I'll lower to raise white. I plan a par meter in the next month or 2. When corals will be in the picture. I'm on cuc and macro stage of build.
The new Philips CoralCare light doesn't have any true red LEDs, and relies on amber and white LEDs to provide red light.

accleds.jpg

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have an issue with heating up? Should I add a fan on the back of the tank?
It looks like you've got the potential for good circulation/heat management. With a general recommendation that LED fixtures shouldn't be in an enclosure, perhaps a fan isn't a bad idea.

Toffeepooh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I run mine. Adjusted the whites to my liking off of the AB+ as it was too blue. These lights are very powerful. I use their mount they sell and it’s 10” or so off the water. 450 par at top of my rocks and 250 on the bed. I use rocks as shade to get some areas in the 150 range for lps. Logan at Reefbreeders is awesome if you have questions as well. Great customer service

201EE7D7-32A7-4221-B14D-D640410EDC8C.png EDFE9EF5-875B-441E-9F15-254276739E84.png
I run mine similar to these setting except that I ramp the blues up to 90% with clams as well as sps.

77pm77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 60" long 18" wide 25" tall tank with a Reef Breeder Photon 50-V2 hanging about 6" off the water. Due to my tank hood, I may be able to raise that about an inch if needed.

I'm looking for a good light schedule and haven't been able to find anything that I love. I also have an SPS frag about mid level in the tank that appears to be bleaching. I've currently got my blues (channels 2,3, 5, and 6) maxing out at 50%, my green (channel 2) maxing out at 40%, my whites (channel 4) maxing out at 40%, and the reds off. I started out at 30% on all channels and ramped up to my current settings.

I'd love for some feedback or suggestions. My clam and RBTA seem to be loving the lights but none of my SPS seem to be doing fantastic (water quality is great). Do I need to turn the lights up? Down? Raise my lights? Lower them?
I have had issues with my 48 inch Photon V2+. I have a hood and my light is 8 inches above the water.
I have made many changes to my lights set up. I started out with Ch 3,5,6 at 70% Ch 4 at 50% and
Ch 1,2 at 15%. That was not a good starting point. I had bleached out some of my corals and now
I am on the 6th change to my lights settings. The settings now are Ch 3,5,6 are at 45% Ch 4 is at 17%
and Ch 1,2 are at 15%. I will see what happens at the lowest settings that I have tried. The issue is
how it looks to us which is not the most important thing but if you own a reef tank you love to look
at it and enjoy it. My tank is 120gallon 48x24x24.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back