Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joshbd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still adding features and things like acclimation as well as sharing programs are in the pipeline along with several other imporvements.

One thing I do want to note- it sounds like you chose the "Daytime" program. That one sets the 1st and last segment as the on/off time with a dial on iPhone or via dropdown on Android. If you chose 24 hour instead, you will have more advanced options and wouldn't be restricted by the initial on/off time.

Fantastic, looking forward to it. And, yes, I did chose "daytime." Will try playing around with 24 Hour instead, thanks!

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting my upgrade now. Received it during the week and installing it now !

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed it all pretty simple
Trying to connect is proving difficult.
Blue light is steady blue but it does not want to connect.
Anyone any ideas ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-152708_Reef Nexus.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-152708_Reef Nexus.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well it is connected just deleted and reinstalled the app.
But some directions would be nice like in how to program what is a segment how do I get to the different colors
For someone like me not to smart to smart lights it sure would be helpful. Not everyone "just knows"
Ugh
Want to set my own schedule

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do IT/programmers just have to over think shi! Simple is good
If I had to buy again I wouldn't buy this great light but annoying programming
Sorry or maybe I am just dumb

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well it is connected just deleted and reinstalled the app.
But some directions would be nice like in how to program what is a segment how do I get to the different colors
For someone like me not to smart to smart lights it sure would be helpful. Not everyone "just knows"
Ugh
Want to set my own schedule
Documentation and guide videos are currently still in progress.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do IT/programmers just have to over think shi! Simple is good
If I had to buy again I wouldn't buy this great light but annoying programming
Sorry or maybe I am just dumb
Sorry to hear about your frustration. @Reef Breeders said earlier that they’ll continue to add features and stuff. Maybe they will hear you.

I ”think” I like the lights but I’m not a fan of how you have to program it. Was hoping that the App would make it easier.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know what a segment is / means
I assumes it meant each change as in hour 7am 8am ect...

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don't need videos most of us can read haha but don't you think some type of instructions would kinda help.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am done going to put it back together hang it back up and just use the preprogrammed for now.
Just way to annoyed and maybe tomorrow will get it figured out.
But seriously something should be put out asap for those of us that don't "just know" how to do it
Just a thought

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ate dinner and had a drink lol.
It might be easy to program but idk because I don't understand it.... yet. I'm going to look at it again but I did get to frustrated before and had to take a break.
It is a great light my corals are doing great and it looks cool to, but the programming... but like I said maybe once I understand the lingo and terms they use I will get it.
I come from current usa on my 30g slide the color to the intensity you want and set the time you want it at that intensity. Easy.
So l just have to figure it out. It may be just that easy once I understand it

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be easy to program but idk because I don't understand it.... yet. I'm going to look at it again but I did get to frustrated before and had to take a break.
It is a great light my corals are doing great and it looks cool to, but the programming... but like I said maybe once I understand the lingo and terms they use I will get it.
I come from current usa on my 30g slide the color to the intensity you want and set the time you want it at that intensity. Easy.
Sorry to hear this. I came for the AI world so maybe I’m just spoiled. In the mean time I’ll just make my spreadsheet and type in all the values. Heck. I don’t even know if it will adjust for Daylight Savings Time but I’m about to find out!

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah ya was a long day worked was in by 5am so was looking forward to installing this and I received the mobius chip for my main pump so I figured I could do both today but I'll do the pump tomorrow.
Forgot about the time change

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a screen shot of the mixed reef I kinda played around with it and learned a few things. Also a screen shot of the moon light
I was quick to react because I was tired. @Reef Breeders I do apologize for my rant lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-193421_Reef Nexus.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-193421_Reef Nexus.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210313-193918_Reef Nexus.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-193918_Reef Nexus.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20210313-193925_Reef Nexus.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-193925_Reef Nexus.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 122

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light does look good with their brackets

Attachments

• 16156862416111024160991313492374.jpg
    16156862416111024160991313492374.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 124

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a screen shot of the mixed reef I kinda played around with it and learned a few things. Also a screen shot of the moon light
I was quick to react because I was tired. @Reef Breeders I do apologize for my rant lol
I do have some written instructions as well:

Getting Started

1. After installing the ReefBreeders Wireless Adapter in your light, plug the light in and allow it to finish its initial startup sequence. You should see each color channel starting with the red LEDs power on for about 1 second, then power down, one after the other. Then, all color channels will power on in concert before the light powers down. The fans will also be running at this time, you can use your hand to feel for airflow to confirm all fans are working.
  2. The indicator LED on your Wireless adapter should be blinking blue at this time. If it is not, press and hold the reset button on the Wireless Adapter inside the light for 8 seconds to reset. You will need to remove the side panel to do so.
  3. Open the ReefBreeders App, and press the + arrow next to Equipment: add photo
  4. Under Add New Equipment, select Photon V2 (needs to be changed in app title contact Nate)
  5. The next page will prompt you to follow the previous steps 1-4, along with a reminder to ensure your phone is connected to the internet. Proceed to the next step by tapping the “READY” button at the bottom of the screen
  6. Grant permission for your device to read Wi-Fi SSID. Your phone will open a prompt to allow location data. You can select only once, or while using the app.
  7. The next screen will prompt you to exit the app, and go to your phone’s wifi settings. You should see a network called “ReefBreeders-Light-XXXX” where XXXX is replaced with your device’s unique ID. Connect to that network, and a notification should pop up to bring you to the app to continue the setup process. If no notification appears, simply ensure you are connected and open the ReefBreeders app
  8. Select your wifi network (NOTE: 2.4GHz signal is required, 5GHz networks will not work) and enter the password to connect. The password is case sensitive.
  9. The next screen will go through the connection setup, and if successful will bring you to the next page where you can select a name for your light. Enter the name of your choice and tap continue. (NOTE: You can change the device name at any time later on)
  10. Press Continue. If you have multiple lights you would like to connect, plug the 2nd light in and tap “Add Another”, and repeat steps 5-9 with your additional lights.
  11. You should now be able to control your light manually using the sliders for each color on the next page. However, you will want to set a daily schedule for your light! To do so, tap “Add Schedule”
  12. You can select “Daytime” or “24 Hour” Daytime is a simpler setup, where you start by selecting your on/off time, and optional moonlighting cycle. This is the fastest way to setup your light with a custom schedule. 24 Hour programming on the other hand is more advanced, but allows you to do more with your light.

Daytime Schedule:

1. Select Daytime, then tap “Next”.
  2. Select a preset based on your corals, or choose no preset for a custom program, then tap next.
  3. Choose your start time and end time using the clock sliders. The length of your day is shown in the center of the clock. The Sun icon represents start time, and the moon icon end time. The exact sunrise and sunset times are shown above the clock icon. You can adjust the start/end time in increments as small as 5 minutes.
  4. When done, press next, and select the maximum brightness you would like for your moon LEDs. We suggest a night time brightness of 4-5%. If you don’t want moonlights on at night, set this to 0%.
  5. If you select the moon phase program, the brightness will automatically follow a 28 day moon phase, and will be brightest at full moon, and dimmest at crescent moon. To turn this feature on, put the slider in the on position. Press next to continue to the next step.
  6. If you chose a preset, your color channels will already be populated with % values based on that. If you did not choose a preset, we recommend starting out at 30% power max on each channel if the light is new to your tank. If you are upgrading from the V2 or V2+ remote, then we recommend programming settings as close to your previous settings as possible.
  7. You can add up to 8 segments for each color channel. We suggest using 2 segments for a simple program in the daylight settings- the on/off time is already taken care of in step 3. Segment 1 should be about 1-2 hours after the on time, and segment 2 about 1-2 hours before the off time. This will create a gradual sunrise and sunset effect as the light will slowly ramp up and down between segments.
  8. After all 6 channels are programmed, tap “Done” then tap “Save New SunCycle” to complete your programming.

24 Hour Schedule:

1. Select 24 Hour then tap “Next”
  2. Select a preset based on your corals, or choose no preset for a custom program, then tap “Next”.
  3. We recommend at least 4 segments in the 24 Hour Settings.
    1. Segment 1: On time- set to 0% on all channels. For moonlights at night, set cool blue to 1-5%. This is when your light will come on at low power and begin to ramp up.
    2. Segment 2: Ramp Up- set this to your preferred daylight intensity. The time is ideally about 1-2 hours after the On Time.
    3. Segment 3: Ramp Down- set this to your preferred daylight intensity. The time is ideally 1-2 hours before the Off Time.
    4. Segment 4: Off Time- set to 0% on all channels. For moonlights at night, set cool blue to 1-5%. This is when your light will shut off.

4) Repeat step 3 for each channel, then tap “Done”, followed by “Save New SunCycle” to save your settings.

Manual Override:

1. After programming, if you select your light on the main screen, you will see a chart with your schedule, and a “Manual Override” option.
  2. To use this feature, tap “Manual Override”. You will be prompted to select a time-out- you can choose 15 minutes, 60 minutes, or “Other” to enter your own time. This is how long the Manual Override settings will take effect- however they can be cancelled at any time to resume your lights schedule.
  3. Adjust the sliders to the settings of your choice. This is especially useful for photography, or turning the lights on/off for maintenance. The built in timer ensures your light won’t be stuck in the ON of OFF position for long.
  4. We suggest using this feature for photography- since our lights use a PWM signal to dim, putting the channels you would like to photograph with on at 100% will ensure a clear photo.

Grouping Multiple Lights:

To program multiple lights simultaneously, you can group them together. Each group can be named and lights can later be added or removed from the group.

1. To create a group, link 2 or more lights to the app using the steps outlined in the getting started section. Skip automating your light until all lights are grouped.
  2. Once all lights are connected, select one of the lights you would like to create a group with, then select settings.
  3. Select “Create a new Group with light” and select all the lights you would like to add to the group.
  4. You can now program all lights in a group at the same time.

Editing/Removing Schedules:

1. After you save your program, you can edit it at any time by tapping your light on the main screen, then tapping “Settings” followed by “Edit Schedule”
  2. To delete your schedule and start over with a new one, tap “Remove Schedule”. Please note at this time deleted schedules can not be restored.
  3. You can also edit the name of your light in this screen

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Segments are basically what you want the light to do by that time frame. ie, if you do the daytime schedule, your on and off time are already set. So the first segment would be what you want your light to ramp up to, and when.

ie, on time is 9:00 AM. Set segment 1 to 30% on the blues and 15% on the white channel at 10:00AM, and it will ramp up to those settings from 9:00AM to 10:00AM.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well maybe I am not as smart as I thought I was but I just can't wrap my mind around this.
For now I may switch back to the remote will try again tomorrow

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back