Reefbreeders lumen bar

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in adding two lumen bars to my 48" Ati 8 bulb fixture. Are these led strips going to boost my par at all or are they mostly for adding coloration to the tank? Thanks all!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will boost your par approximately equivalent to adding two more t5 bulbs

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested in adding two lumen bars to my 48" Ati 8 bulb fixture. Are these led strips going to boost my par at all or are they mostly for adding coloration to the tank? Thanks all!

Our LumenBars use 3watt high powered LEDs, they add a ton of extra power. As Retro said above they are about the equivalent of adding another T5 bulb- with the benefit of LEDs. Meaning slim profile, no bulb changes, and less power usage. If you plan on adding 2 of these to your light I recommend one each of the High Octane UV and Royal Ice. The Royal Ice adds a ton of visual color and PAR- and is comparable to a Blue+ HOT5 bulb. The High Octane UV adds a ton of 430nm and 385nm UV for coral color pop, and is comparable to a HOT5 Actinic bulb.

cwk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our LumenBars use 3watt high powered LEDs, they add a ton of extra power. As Retro said above they are about the equivalent of adding another T5 bulb- with the benefit of LEDs. Meaning slim profile, no bulb changes, and less power usage. If you plan on adding 2 of these to your light I recommend one each of the High Octane UV and Royal Ice. The Royal Ice adds a ton of visual color and PAR- and is comparable to a Blue+ HOT5 bulb. The High Octane UV adds a ton of 430nm and 385nm UV for coral color pop, and is comparable to a HOT5 Actinic bulb.

Are they dimmable? How bright/violet is the actinic one?

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two color combinations are the best for coral color pop??
I’m thinking of purchasing today.

I think the V2+ puts out enough PaR for my needs so I’m more interested in coral color pop right now

jaketuff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two color combinations are the best for coral color pop??
I’m thinking of purchasing today.

I think the V2+ puts out enough PaR for my needs so I’m more interested in coral color pop right now

Fup for BF 2021!

armyvetheather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Logan, are your Lumen Bars in stock?
Logan, there aren't any reviews I can find on the Reefer 14k. I'm planning to buy one 60" now and another in the future. You still hold to the recommendation made before? Which one should I get first? TIA!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back