JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And wait a minute, Is your tank still being made?? I should go have a look at it myself! Assuming you're referring to concept aquariums out of Calgary:p

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And wait a minute, Is your tank still being made?? I should go have a look at it myself! Assuming you're referring to concept aquariums out of Calgary:p
Thats the one! The tank should be done.. just waiting for Dave to do the Sump next :)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the one! The tank should be done.. just waiting for Dave to do the Sump next :)

I might have to head on over and check it out myself ;)
And ooooo I've always loved the thought of a custom glass sump. Might do one for my next build.

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to head on over and check it out myself ;)
And ooooo I've always loved the thought of a custom glass sump. Might do one for my next build.
Im going all out with polished edges in the blass sump too! haha but going with black acrylic/silicone for the baffles to block light incase i turn it into a refugium at some point.

if you go check it out let me know how its looking! hehe

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will gas supply places refill the bottle since it’s painted?
I asked the beverage store that filled it when I was picking it up and they didn't seem to care if i painted it and couldn't see why it would be an issue! So no problem for me.. however its likely wise to check with your local re-fill station before you add that extra pizazz to your cylinder :)

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m torn and can’t decide on new the current rock/scape or get new stuff and start fresh.

Only big downside of keeping is there is some bubble algae hiding in the cracks that I would prefer not to introduce but there is ways to deal with that.... still back and forth. Can’t decide!

de6eef70ddc3d7f567afbb50a08df533.jpg

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m torn and can’t decide on new the current rock/scape or get new stuff and start fresh.

Only big downside of keeping is there is some bubble algae hiding in the cracks that I would prefer not to introduce but there is ways to deal with that.... still back and forth. Can’t decide!

de6eef70ddc3d7f567afbb50a08df533.jpg
You will always get algae, just like this rock did. What you have there is way more valuable then a fleeting chance of having new rock without bubble algae... Is new always better? You at least know what you have in this rock...

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will always get algae, just like this rock did. What you have there is way more valuable then a fleeting chance of having new rock without bubble algae... Is new always better? You at least know what you have in this rock...

True, and having established rock with life and sponges goes along way as well. I sometimes feel limited with coral space with the current layout. Also sometimes few I should have more caves for fish.. back and forth like a a yo yo on this one

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, and having established rock with life and sponges goes along way as well. I sometimes feel limited with coral space with the current layout. Also sometimes few I should have more caves for fish.. back and forth like a a yo yo on this one
Honestly, I have watched most of your videos. I don't think you should change this tank at all. The new tank should be setup as an additional tank. Tie both into one sump but you have room for a third tank? Lol

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have watched most of your videos. I don't think you should change this tank at all. The new tank should be setup as an additional tank. Tie both into one sump but you have room for a third tank? Lol

I appreciate you filling the channel! [emoji3590]

Sadly I don’t have room for another tank st this time and I’ll be selling this one to pay for the upgrades so it’s all moving into the very similar but slightly larger (by 50-60g) home!

I did consider throwing this tank into the shed for future use but we shall see :)

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sadly I don’t have room for another tank st this time and I’ll be selling this one to pay for the upgrades so it’s all moving into the very similar but slightly larger (by 50-60g) home!

I did consider throwing this tank into the shed for future use but we shall see :)
Your channel is really blowing up, double down. Definitely keep the tank if you can.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Took a look at your tank yesterday, didn't grab any pics but looks pretty sweet!

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your channel is really blowing up, double down. Definitely keep the tank if you can.

Couldn’t afford to buy a second set of everything to run two haha. So either sell or throw it in the shed for future use. Would be a sweet frag tank if I had the space!

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! The mitred corners are a nice touch [emoji106][emoji2534]

Have you thought about doing a closed loop with bulkheads on the bottom of the tank and hiding the pipe work and such in the rockwork?

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! The mitred corners are a nice touch [emoji106][emoji2534]

Have you thought about doing a closed loop with bulkheads on the bottom of the tank and hiding the pipe work and such in the rockwork?
I strongly did as i don't like seeing any equipment in the tank.. however the though of holes in the bottom of the tank and the potential for a leak put me off of actually doing it

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly did as i don't like seeing any equipment in the tank.. however the though of holes in the bottom of the tank and the potential for a leak put me off of actually doing it

You could go another route and hide powerheads in the rockwork?

Or do a closed loop with pipes under the sand...

If

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go another route and hide powerheads in the rockwork?

Or do a closed loop with pipes under the sand...

If

I’m Thinking of hiding a single pose head in the rock on the peninsula end!

In other exciting new I got my stand today!
146b1dc94f69d79f3d7a1ed25846c28e.jpg

My current plan what I’m debating is mounting the powerbars on the flat chunks to free up space
8b3b2e01c55d333017eb59ec0d8ad6a5.jpg

1a6827a495ba26504a81c88839b8c416.jpg

It will poke down a bit. But I should be able to create a facade or something to hide the wires later

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back