Reefer 350 Triton System

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Douglas Lee, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Douglas Lee

Douglas Lee Member

So, I am about to completely break down my Reefer 350 to move it into our new place and I am moving all my livestock to a biocube for now, I don't actually have that much. In this process I am planning on switching over to use the triton system, but I feel like the stock sump wastes a lot of space in certain areas.

I have a lot of wasted room in my return pump chamber, I don't plan on using the filter socks with the triton system, and there is no dedicated refugium area.

I have looked at a couple of sumps that are our there and I think I have decided that the Synergy Reef TS-26 would be the best bet for me, but I am curious as to how much of my current equipment will fit in there since it is just a tad shorter that the stock one.

I am using a Vectra M1 return pump that is 7" wide and the return area on the sump is exactly 7" wide also. So I am not sure if it will actually fit.

I also am using a Skimz SV203 skimmer that is 7.64" wide and the skimmer chamber is only 7.5" wide.

I was curious if anyone is running this sump and possibly has this equipment, or at least the return pump?

I was also curious if anyone has ever shaved a little off of the width of a protein skimmer before lol.. I really like the skimmer and would like to save some money and reuse it, but if it doesn't work then I just doesn't work.

2. hijinks7

hijinks7 Well-Known Member

how much usable room do you have for a sump? Those measurements would worry me too. I like to go as big as possible for my refugium in triton. I have a 35g area for my 120g. If you have enough room under there I'd run a 40breeder if you are somewhat handy to make your own sump.

A good sump doesn't need to be flashy like the ones on the market are.

3. Mark Gray

Mark Gray Valuable Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

I have not used this sump I have a trigger 39 and a trigger 44 not in use yet

4. Douglas Lee

Douglas Lee Member

Sadly I don't have room for a 40g breeder.. I could only get about a 30g under it and they are fairly narrow. So I think this is my best bet so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted