DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got respect for you man and I enjoyed your tank thread but seriously you have turned a celebration of a fellow reefer into a mockery. What's it to you if we celebrate another Member? This really shocks me to the point of disbelief and now you don't respect this forum? Do you feel ripped off you didn't get a badge? You humiliated a member you constantly said you respected, period. No need for that and you can take it personal if you want. Absolutely uncalled for. We're all reefers here and respect for one another should come first.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got respect for you man and I enjoyed your tank thread but seriously you have turned a celebration of a fellow reefer into a mockery. What's it to you if we celebrate another Member? This really shocks me to the point of disbelief and now you don't respect this forum? Do you feel ripped off you didn't get a badge? You humiliated a member you constantly said you respected, period. No need for that and you can take it personal if you want. Absolutely uncalled for. We're all reefers here and respect for one another should come first.

I’ve explained everything already, I can answer your questions however.
What’s it to you if we celebrate another member? Well, it means the same to me as it does to you, don’t act like I’m somehow wrong bc I went against the grain. I’m entitled to disagree as much as you are to agree. Imagine you not having a say in someone voted president or employee of the month.
Regards to respecting this forum?
Yes that’s true, I don’t respect it. It’s sad you can’t differ or have a difference of opinion here. My comments got deleted, they weren’t vulgur, I dont understand what the decision was based on. I’m the black sheep, the one person who said something plenty others were thinking, but they are scared of the repercussions or just don’t feel like it’s worth bringing up.
Do I feel ripped off about not getting a badge?
Not at all, especially now that I see what it takes to get one. I just figured I needed to study harder and learn everything I could from the vets. Now the badge is a joke to me. I don’t respect that badge.

I’m allowed to have a difference of opinion, I’m sorry some feelings got hurt in doing so.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have you opinion but you did this in very poor taste at the expense of a fellow reefer. For something you don't respect you sure couldn't let go. Sounds like your salty that someone got a badge and you didn't. That's my opinion. You didn't hurt my feelings, I'm honestly disappointed but the person you said multiple times that you respected I'm sure feels crappy all because you feel like your above others and can tell when someone deserves a badge. Me and everyone else that carry this badge have earned it and I could care less what you think of me because of it. Were all equals. If you don't like it here anymore due to this then all I can say is peace. You won't get another response from me.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have you opinion but you did this in very poor taste at the expense of a fellow reefer. For something you don't respect you sure couldn't let go. Sounds like your salty that someone got a badge and you didn't. That's my opinion. You didn't hurt my feelings, I'm honestly disappointed but the person you said multiple times that you respected I'm sure feels crappy all because you feel like your above others and can tell when someone deserves a badge. Me and everyone else that carry this badge have earned it and I could care less what you think of me because of it. Were all equals. If you don't like it here anymore due to this then all I can say is peace. You won't get another response from me.

Like I said, it’s nothing more than a log of notes for me now. I couldn’t care less if you or anyone else responded here.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I said, it’s nothing more than a log of notes for me now. I couldn’t care less if you or anyone else responded here.

If we didn’t allow you to speak then all of your posts would be deleted and you would be banned. We didn’t do that but we do want you to respect other members and not totally hijack a time when they are getting well deserved recognition. That’s why those posts were deleted and we’ve let these stand. Honestly I’m trying to be diplomatic but you’re really starting to push the envelope. You should be getting a PM.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m allowed to have a difference of opinion, I’m sorry some feelings got hurt in doing so.
There is a way to have your own opinion without disrespecting others.
If you were sorry you would have stopped after your first rant.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look y’all might as well ban me, bc as long as you keep sending mods over here to keep talking then I’m gonna keep responding. I said what I said, that’s how I felt, deal with it and move on just like you’re telling me to do.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Review of the new fuge light.
d222d9a3dca4111d52ee9aef9ce0ee6a.heic
3104d84f95ceac45422aed9246dc58e1.heic
7402b7932d865f0b49b3f10c85c90a55.heic
37b7eb3dcf0046dfc33f8dd9e94380fb.heic
129d28f9d404c9e6f16f665d06068583.heic

So on 10/30 I had about a sandwhich bag full, just like in the last pic. I just pulled out the above amount. That’s a 1 gallon ziploc bag packed full.

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I need to think about putting a fuge or reactor on my tank. They seem to work pretty well.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed a decrease in the display algae growth?
. Yeah for sure, algae is almost completely gone, it’s a non issue now. However I did just take carbon and gfo offline. So we’ll see what happens.

I guess I need to think about putting a fuge or reactor on my tank. They seem to work pretty well.
Yessir. I mean, it’s not really about the chaeto growth, that’s just to help regulate nutrient export, it’s a spot you can just blast with light and trick the ugly algae into growing there.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it's working for you. I might have to strongly consider getting one. My fuge area isn't that big, but seems to me that it shouldn't matter much as long as you can achieve good growth of the algae and trim regularly.

I want to be harvesting gallon bags of chaeto!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7c18a672998b75d782a15e7ff38c8b1a.heic
c844b8aedeb6e1afe8080785cab2555c.heic

I picked up some frags today at Reef Addicted, Peach Patch Millie is the yellow one, the big one is an electric green Tenuis, and there is a red Razz Millie on the right.
31eb1c89b04024ea446a810c34bf63bd.heic
99fa75a8394544ece860519715109d1b.heic
e23b1ceb5fa8b275165fa8d6b130945f.heic

While I was there I finally got a good pic of the RA Sweet Tart Tenuis, this thing is ridiculous!
98b13ace89ee12f35703dc229a4a9a09.png
and here’s the same pic with the blue edited out
1db3d6cd67c7df252b93f391eba1f138.png
if you are in Florida and you haven’t stopped by Reef Addicted, idk what’s wrong with you.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are looking great and it looks like the algae is pretty much gone.

Thanks man, yeah the algae is pretty much gone. Working on coloring up the sticks now. I have Continuum coral elements N coming in the mail, I’ve never used it but thought I’d give it a try.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back