Reefmat 1200 - auto advance

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back and forth. I've heard it advance on its own several times. But there's also been times when the water is up at the sensor for an extended period of time and it does nothing. But my tank is new so there's not a lot to be skimmed out at this point.
Do you get high water alarms and overflow on the sides? I do….I ran a Clarisea before the reefmat which only overflowed if the motor wasn’t turning when the sensor was triggered.

Wilfried

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also having this issue. I have to manually advance the roll about every 45 mins or water will overflow the sides of the roller. Sensor is clean and oriented correctly. Yet to hear back from Red Sea.
Did this get resolved? And if yes, how?

I just installed my red sea reefmat 500 last week and it has never automatically advanced. Red Sea support had shipped me a new sensor, as they concluded that the sensor was faulty. So, today I received the new sensor and installed it. But still nothing. Water flows from the top of the reefmat unit.

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this get resolved? And if yes, how?

I just installed my red sea reefmat 500 last week and it has never automatically advanced. Red Sea support had shipped me a new sensor, as they concluded that the sensor was faulty. So, today I received the new sensor and installed it. But still nothing. Water flows from the top of the reefmat unit.
I did. I had both a bad motor and sensor.

gcarcher59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

First time posting but have been in the hobby on and off for about 20 years.

Have set up a Cade 1500 with a Red Sea Reef Mat 1500.

My question is:

1) How high does the water level need to be to trigger the auto advance? Does it have to touch the sensor? It’s been plugged in for almost 48 hours now and I’ve manually advanced once and the fleece was filthy. Over the past 18 hours it’s filled up again but it is not advancing the fleece. It’s now probably 1from the sensor.

2) What have you set your “Mat advance length to”?

The only advancing it’s done is the 0.4cm every 6 hours to test the unit as it hasn’t moved.

It is a brand new setup but I would have thought there should be some movement, not much, but maybe I’m wrong :)

Thank you for your help :)

Matt
Hey Matt, funny I just installed mine last week and was also confused about this process. Set the minimum advance for the auto advance. Mine is set for 0.2-0.4 inch. The scheduled advance wont cut it so you need the sensor. Make sure the sensor is installed properly, you should not have a stretched wire and it has a slot to force you to install it correctly. I did a hard reset on mine before I figured out the sensor wasn't installed correctly. Once I fixed that its been great. If you have been making alot of configuration changes you might want to give the hard reset a try. Almost same frustrations as you are having until I did that. Cheers, Greg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back