Refugium smell like oranges?? help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ja4207
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ja4207

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
323
Reaction score
32
Location
San Antonio, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having some slight problems with Po4 and No3 so I decided to take apart my refugium and thoughly clean, remove and put back together. As I'm draining the water I start to smell a faint citrus, almost Orange smell coming from there. Once I got to the rocks and sand it became a very distinctstrong citrus smell. Any ideas?
 
hmm never smelled that before??? could be a sponge, organism letting out a defense/survival fluid/gas to try and survive? not sure though really lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new